Gants Compliance Spcialist
Responsible to: Deputy Director for Operations Essential Function: Under the direction of the Deputy Director for Operations, the Grant Compliance Specialist will track and monitor Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania’s (LASP’s) compliance with federal, state and local grants and contracts awarded to ensure LASP’s adherence with all terms and conditions. The position will also provide administrative support where needed to the Executive Director, Deputy Director for Advocacy, Fiscal Director, and Director of Development particularly with respect to compliance issues, program monitoring, reporting, and accounting. The position will be located in Norristown, Montgomery County, and will be full-time.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain compliance with grants and contracts with up-to-date and detailed grant records and files using an online database to ensure that grant reporting requirements and deadlines are met;
2. Utilize LASP’s case management software Legal Server to monitor and track grant performance, associated deliverables, and submission of grant reports;
3. Compile pertinent organizational information and statistical data for various funding projects. This includes face-to-face meetings and communication within LASP to garner information to be incorporated into proposals, letters of intent, reports, and other required grant documents;
4. Assist in the development, completion, and submission of government grant contracts, proposals, and reports, as required on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis, or whatever period required of grants and contracts;
5. Prepare and disseminate reports to LASP managing attorneys to assess compliance with grant requirements;
6. Organize and maintain electronic and hard copy files of all grants submitted and received to include requisite program data;
7. Coordinate and book travel for certain staff and maintain training records related to certain grants and contracts;
8. Prioritize duties and keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner meeting deadlines and managing supplemental data/materials required for proposals;
9. Serve as a liaison for the program with internal and external stakeholders to maintain and establish productive working relationships for LASP;
10.Maintain calendar and schedule internal and external meetings for Executive staff;
11.Support the work of the staff as noted and perform other related duties as assigned.
LASP is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in the recruitment, selection, or advancement of employees on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, creed, age, religion, marital status, physical handicap, political affiliation or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree preferred or at least 5 years of relevant experience in a professional setting: strong interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills; the capacity to multi-task, prioritize, problem-solve, and maintain a high level of confidentiality; a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel, Power Point, and Word. Must be interested in working in a mission-focused nonprofit environment and must be available to work evenings and/or weekends if required.
Send resume and writing sample to Kesha James, Deputy Director for Advocacy, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position will remain open until filled.