Staff Attorney (Family Law)
The Attorney will provide direct legal representation to victims of domestic violence who are facing homelessness or whose housing situation is compromised. Comprehensive broad based civil legal services will be provided in matters such as family law, housing, consumer law, and other areas to stabilize their living situation and increase safety. This program is a collaboration with the YWCA and Willow Domestic Violence Center.
LASROC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Juris Doctor & admission to the New York State Bar.
- High level of initiative, self-motivation, and organization.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills.
- Strong negotiating ability.
- Ability to articulate thoughts and ideas efficiently and accurately.
- Respectful and empathetic consideration for clients.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and community partners.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Please send the following information to be considered:
- Cover Letter
- Professional References
- Writing Sample (send to email@example.com)
- Unofficial Transcripts (if admitted under five years) (send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Send the following information to:
Human Resources, The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY, 1 West Main Street, Suite 800 Rochester, N.Y., 14614.