Social Worker (Lasting Solutions Family Law Program)
Social Worker- Lasting Solutions Family Law Program
In person/remote hybrid work option available during 2022.
Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, Inc. (LSEM), a nonprofit law firm providing free, quality civil legal services, seeks a full-time Social Worker for its Lasting Solutions Family Law Program.
The Social Worker will provide support to low-income individuals who are survivors of domestic and sexual violence in St. Louis City. They will provide crisis intervention services, safety planning, referrals, help in finding financial assistance, and other supports to clients as needed. This is a new position that will involve collaboration with other community grant partners and the St. Louis City Mayor’s office. The social worker will participate in outreach and community education to service providers and directly to potential clients. Additionally, this position may involve systemic advocacy on issues relating to domestic and sexual abuse.
Lasting Solutions is co-managed by an attorney and a social worker and has an emphasis on working together as an interdisciplinary team towards holistic advocacy. The Social Worker will work closely with a LSEM Staff Attorney also focused in St. Louis City.
- Provide client-centered advocacy and support to survivors of domestic and sexual violence receiving family law legal services
- Develop case plans and stabilization goals to support client aspirations
- Assist clients with financial assistance applications and public benefits applications as needed
- Connect clients to community resources and provide ongoing follow-up
- Advocate for clients within the social service delivery system
- Conduct training, education, and outreach with community partners and directly with potential clients to increase referrals and awareness about options to survivors of domestic and sexual violence and program services
- Attend recurring meetings of representatives from Community Violence Intervention organizations and other relevant stakeholders
- Assist with other tasks as assigned or needed
Who we are: LSEM advances justice through legal representation, education, and supportive services. We partner with the community to improve lives, promote fairness and create opportunities for those in need. Since 1956, LSEM has provided high-quality civil legal assistance and equal access to justice for low-income people in 21 counties in Missouri. We accomplish our mission through systemic advocacy/impact litigation and individual case work in a wide range of substantive civil areas which are in our priorities, e.g., family law for victims of domestic violence, prevention of homelessness/housing, health, public benefits, consumer, education, disability, community economic development, and immigration. As part of our community education/outreach efforts, LSEM works with over 150 agencies and participates in over 35 task forces/coalitions and has a vibrant Volunteer Lawyers Program.
Salary & Benefits Information:
The salary range for this position is $36,000-63,500. Specific salary offered to a candidate will be based on their education and experience. Excellent benefits including a generous time off policy, 403(b) and 401(a) retirement plans, employee assistance plan, flexible spending account, medical, dental and vision insurance.
Submission Deadline: Applications will be considered until position is filled.
Equal access to LSEM’s office is available. Those applicants requiring accommodation to the interview/application process should contact Human Resources at the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. LSEM is an equal opportunity employer.
- Master of Social Work or comparable degree preferred
- At least 2 years of experience as a social worker and/or experience with survivors of domestic and sexual violence preferred, but not required
- Strong problem-solving and de-escalation skills
- Ability to relate well and work with low-income clients and collaborate with community stakeholders
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills, work ethic, flexibility, and teamwork
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and able to quickly learn new systems
- Familiarity with case management software preferred
- Open to creative and innovative ways of fulfilling the legal aid mission
Upload your resume and cover letter through our online application at: https://jobapply.page.link/P5M2T . Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.