Outreach and Enrollment Specialist (Connecting Kids to Coverage Program)
Connecting Kids to Coverage
Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, Inc. (LSEM), a non-profit law firm that provides free legal assistance to people living with low-income/low opportunity, seeks a full-time Outreach and Enrollment Specialist to work in its Connecting Kids to Coverage Program.
Under the supervision of the attorney program director, the Outreach and Enrollment Specialist will be responsible for participating and assisting with Medicaid outreach, conducting intake for eligible clients through the phone helpline and/or in person through various venues providing Medicaid enrollment and application assistance, and inputting data in the electronic case management system.
- Responding to client requests for assistance through the program phone helpline; conducting intakes for potential clients using the electronic case management system, and closing cases in that system.
- Providing Medicaid application assistance in-person and through the project phone helpline.
- Advocating on behalf of clients with state Medicaid agency personnel.
- Attending outreach events and meetings.
- Assisting with developing required outreach materials, brochures, handouts and with developing technical assistance materials.
- In addition, the Outreach and Enrollment Specialist will be a part of a team of attorneys and advocates working to address barriers to health insurance enrollment and retention.
LSEM advances justice through legal representation, education, and supportive services. We partner with the community to improve lives, promote fairness and create opportunities for those in need. Since 1956, LSEM has provided high-quality civil legal assistance and equal access to justice for low-income people in 21 counties in Missouri. We accomplish our mission through systemic advocacy/impact litigation and individual case work in a wide range of substantive civil areas which are in our priorities, e.g., family law for victims of domestic violence, prevention of homelessness/housing, health, public benefits, consumer, education, disability, community economic development, and immigration. As part of our community education/outreach efforts, LSEM works with over 150 agencies and participates in over 35 task forces/coalitions and has a vibrant Volunteer Lawyers Program.
Salary and Benefits Information:
The salary range for this position is $36,000-54,000. Specific salary offered to a candidate will be based on their experience. Excellent benefits including a generous time off policy, 403(b) and 401(a) retirement plans, employee assistance plan, flexible spending account, medical, dental and vision insurance.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Equal access to Legal Services of Eastern Missouri’s office is available. If you need accommodation during the interview/application process, contact the Human Resources Director at hr @lsem.org. LSEM is an equal opportunity employer.
- Demonstrated commitment to public interest law or to services for persons living with low-income strongly preferred
- Previous experience with community outreach and assisting low-income families preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills, team work, and a strong ability to form collaborative partnerships
- Strong writing ability
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office and preferably case management software
How to Apply:
Upload your resume and cover letter through our online application at: https://jobapply.page.link/kYf1e. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.