LSNV is seeking to hire a full-time intake paralegal that will provide support for legal representation of the client community. The position combines elements of directing clients through the LSNV intake process and managing the front desk of our Prince William office.
- Interfaces with the public to screen applicants for legal aid eligibility
- Learns and implements the applicable LSC regulations
- Coordinates interviews, processing applicant financial intakes and scheduling follow up appointments to staff and/or pro bono attorneys
- Organize and maintain client files, including detailed documentation of activities
- Maintains professional and helpful presence at the front desk
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal applicant will possess a demonstrated commitment to public interest work and a strong desire to assist. Further, the ideal candidate will have the following:
- High school degree or comparable experience, required
- Customer service experience, strongly preferred
- Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Legal aid/non-profit experience, preferred
- Must have skills to use office technologies, including case management software
- Must have strong interviewing skills
- Must be able to balance administrative and intake responsibilities
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Fluent in Spanish (verbal and written), preferred
- Proficient in Dari (verbal and written), desired
Cover letters and resumes are reviewed upon receipt and well-qualified applicants will be invited to interview. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, at which time, the job announcement will be removed from our website at www.lsnv.org. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter detailing interest in the position to Ashley McGlawn, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LSNV is committed to creating a safe, welcoming, and diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expressions, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, or veteran status.