Agency Description: Indiana Legal Services, Inc. (ILS) is a statewide, not-for-profit organization that provides free legal services to eligible clients in civil cases through eight regional offices and approximately 135 FTE employees. ILS is funded by the Legal Services Corporation, Indiana Civil Legal Aid Fund, United Ways, Area Agencies on Aging, and approximately 20 other funding sources.
Position Description: The Human Resources Manager is responsible for the development, administration, and coordination of all human resources functions with the objectives of providing a positive work environment that fosters client service, diversity and inclusion, and compliance with all employment regulations and applicable funder requirements.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage human resources functions for all offices to maintain a diverse and engaged workforce;
- Drive recruiting, hiring, and onboarding;
- Maintain all personnel records in compliance with relevant rules and policies;
- Coordinate compensation structure and employee benefit programs including all insurances and 401(K);
- In coordination with management, implement, monitor, and revise personnel policies that comply with the law and meet funder guidelines;
- Assist, support, advise, and train managers in resolving personnel problems and coach leaders and staff members to increase their effectiveness;
- Administer performance appraisal program;
- Support office leadership’s employee retention efforts;
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations;
- Other duties as assigned by executive director.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience. ILS offers an excellent fringe benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, Rx), disability insurance, life insurance, a 401k plan, a flex benefit plan, and generous vacation and sick leave. Some moving expense reimbursement may be available.
- Dedication to the mission of Indiana Legal Services;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in human resources or related field;
- Knowledge of and minimum of 3 years’ experience in employment law and practices, administering compensation and benefits, employee relations, training and development, employee engagement, or any combination of these areas and other aspects of HR management;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated organizational ability;
- Ability to travel occasionally to regional offices;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Windows, Excel and database software;
- SHRM-SPC, SHRM-CP, SPHR, PHR or equivalent certification preferred;
- prior non-profit work or volunteer service preferred.
To apply: Submit cover letter, resume and three references to Jon Laramore, Executive Director, at: email@example.com or Indiana Legal Services, 151 N. Delaware St., Suite 1850, Indianapolis, IN 46204
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities, women, persons with physical challenges, and individuals with facility in other languages, especially Spanish, are urged to apply.