Ethics Attorney (Part-Time - Administration)
The Law Foundation is seeking an Ethics Attorney to oversee our office-wide conflict checking procedures and implementation of client conflict resolution policies. The Ethics Attorney will work closely with our intake staff and management team, and reports directly to the Chief Program Officer. This is a part-time position with a flexible schedule of approximately 20 hours per week, both in the office and remotely.PRIMARY DUTIES
• Oversee Law Foundation-wide conflict management
• Coordinate individual ethical screens around client matters or staff, as required
• Resolve client conflict questions as they arise
• Develop waiver documents in compliance with California Rules of Professional Conduct
• Create and deliver trainings to help staff understand and fulfill their ethics duties
• Assist Chief Program Officer with other ethics projects, including advising on other Law Foundation ethics issues
• Member in good standing of the State Bar of California.
• Significant knowledge and experience researching ethics rules
• Project management experience
• Familiarity with typical legal services practice areas
• Attention to detail
• Frequent use of computer keyboard
• Use of office equipment, such as copier, printer, and fax
• Ability to respond remotely as conflict questions arise
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. Please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org: (1) a resume, (2) at least three professional references, and (3) a cover letter that explains your interest and also addresses the question below.
In order to best serve our clients and our community, the Law Foundation is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace in which differences are acknowledged and valued. How has your personal background or experiences, professional or otherwise, prepared you to contribute to social justice, race equity and diversity among our staff?
The Law Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage people of color, women, people living with disabilities, older people, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people to apply. It is the policy of the Law Foundation to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, medical condition or genetic information, veteran status, national origin, disability, marital or other protected status. The Law Foundation will conform to the spirit, as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.