Education Advocacy Attorney
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada Inc. a non-profit, public interest law firm is seeking a Staff Attorney to lead its Education Advocacy Program. The position will supervise a small team providing representation involving advocacy education services for children. Candidate will represent and assist low income parents of children needing advocacy education services as well as recruiting volunteers to assist children in foster care who are in need of special education services.
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are necessary. Prefer bi-lingual candidate, English/Spanish. Salary Depends on Experience.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please email cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to:
Human Resources Department
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Open until filled