Clinical Social Work Supervisor (Children & Youth)
The Law Foundation of Silicon Valley advances the rights of historically excluded individuals and families across Santa Clara County through legal services, strategic advocacy, and educational outreach. Now with over 90 employees, the Law Foundation is the largest provider of free legal services in the South Bay. Located in downtown San Jose, the Law Foundation is a dynamic and interesting place to work. We pride ourselves on fostering a work environment that is motivating, collaborative and fun, with plenty of opportunities for professional growth. We are working towards a Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC)-centered legal services practice that incorporates community and movement lawyering. Our focus areas include health, housing, and children and youth.
The Law Foundation is seeking to fill the Clinical Social Work Supervisor position in its children and youth program. The Clinical Social Work Supervisor designs the multi-disciplinary practice approach for legal advocacy for children and their families. The Supervisor develops and leads a team of social workers who collaborate with attorneys to advance the interests of our clients. The Supervisor supports the clinical work of the team, including setting and reviewing assessment standards. The Clinical Social Work Supervisor designs work flow paths and service delivery models for the social work team across multiple areas of our legal practice. The Clinical Social Work Supervisor will also provide training to staff on issues such as mental health, substance abuse, domestic violence, and child development.
The Clinical Social Work Supervisor will join the Directing Attorney and three Supervising Attorneys to serve on the management team of our children and youth program. The Supervisor also collaborates with the Directing Attorney on project management, helps maintain and grow funding resources, and manage various administrative aspects of the program. The position involves representing the organization in agency or community-led collaboratives to improve operations of systems in Santa Clara County serving the needs of children, as assigned by the Directing Attorney.
Salary starts at $100,000 depending on experience; excellent benefits including generous paid time-off, fully paid employee health insurance and 401(k). More information regarding the Law Foundation is available on our website: www.lawfoundation.org.
TEMPORARY COVID-19 REMOTE WORK
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Law Foundation of Silicon Valley employees are currently working remotely for the foreseeable future, subject to some exceptions. The Law Foundation has implemented rigorous health and safety protocols to minimize risk of exposure for staff who occasionally need, or want, to work from the office. Due to the COVID-19 crisis and its impact on personal lives, the Law Foundation is open to providing flexibility regarding work schedules to the extent feasible for the position.
- Lead a collaborative team of eight staff social workers
- Hiring, training, mentoring, coaching, and professional development of social work staff
- Design social work services as part of a legal advocacy strategy in collaboration with Supervising Attorneys
- Provide coverage for team members and carry a small caseload as needed by staffing resources
- Provide clinical supervision to team members on a regular basis
- Participate on LACY management team to oversee program operations
- Participate and support program and organization-wide activities, including Race Equity Initiative
- Oversee and implement a social work intern program
- Provide courtroom testimony and written declarations, as appropriate
- Develop relationships with other Community Based Organizations to meet the needs of clients.
- Design and create trainings for the Law Foundation team
Provide technical assistance to attorneys and service providers
- Candidate shall be a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Background in working in the fields of child abuse and neglect
- Supervision experience preferred
- Experience with race equity work preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with systems of care that serve children, ideally in California and Santa Clara County
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, writing, interviewing, and organizational skills
- Bi-lingual ability and/or bi-cultural background preferred
- Experience working with individuals from multi-ethnic communities desired
- Valid Driver’s License, with good driving record, or other transportation to conduct client visits, outreach
presentations, and home assessments
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. Please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org: (1) a resume, (2) at least three professional references, and (3) a cover letter that explains your interest and also addresses the question below.
In order to best serve our clients and our community, the Law Foundation is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace in which differences are acknowledged and valued. How has your personal background or experiences, professional or otherwise, prepared you to contribute to social justice, race equity and diversity among our staff?