The AccessLine® Paralegal processes applications over the telephone from potential clients and makes decisions regarding eligibility for service using established guidelines through the use of software, and assists clients by gathering information and directing them to appropriate resources.
• Screens calls to determine eligibility and potential conflicts of interest.
• Obtains case information from potential client to relay to attorney.
• Relays the legal facts and advice given by an attorney to the client, following up with written materials and careful documentation of all information.
• Maintains communications with other LAN offices on eligible cases.
• Refers clients to other agencies when appropriate.
• Maintains paperwork, handbooks, copies, and various assigned projects.
• Maintains general office support and administration.
• Assists in implementing firm goal of expanding consumer, housing, and government benefits cases.
• Complies with all LAN policies and procedures.
• Complies with all LCS Regulations.
• Other duties as assigned.
One to three years of experience making direct customer contact and customer service required.
Must demonstrate the ability to work with people in extremely distressing situations.
High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Some college or formal education in paralegal studies from an accredited institution is desirable but not required.
• Communication skills: Verbal & Written (with Management, Co-workers, Clients, Vendors, Attorneys).
• Computer skills and data entry (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and TIME).
One year paralegal experience preferred.
English/Spanish bilingual preferred.