MIE and NLADA Present: Perles of Wisdom/Chuck in the Field: What Legal Services Programs Need to Know about LSC for 2012
January 25, 2012
Featuring Linda Perle of CLASP and Chuck Greenfield of NLADA, this webinar offers LSC grantees a wealth of information and insight into LSC operations as they affect legal services organizations.
This webinar offers LSC grantees information and insight into LSC operations as they affect legal services organizations. Linda Perle, Director of Legal Services at CLASP, and Counsel to NLADA Civil Members, and Chuck Greenfield, Chief Counsel for Civil Programs at NLADA, discuss:
- Increased Emphasis on Fiscal Oversight - OCE visits, OIG visits on internal controls and fraud vulnerability, Fiscal Oversight Task Force recommendations
- OPP Visits - Status of Tier I recommendations
- OCE Visits and Inquiries - Recent trends in OCE visits (e.g., team review of program publications, website, bulletin boards); LSC letters to programs asking for written documentation of legislative requests from semi-annual reports; information about attorneys' fees.
- OIG TIG Audits
- New Outcomes/Data Gathering Effort by LSC
- Possible New Rulemaking on Lesser Sanctions
This webinar offers you an opportunity to hear from Linda Perle, who has decades of expertise on LSC topics, in the days before her retirement. And it will offer you an introduction to Chuck Greenfield as he takes on the key role of advisor to LSC grantees.
LSC Directors: Remember going forward, whenever you have questions about LSC requirements, call Chuck at NLADA first, or contact MIE.
Take advantage of our credit card or PayPal registration. You may pay with either your credit card or your PayPal account. If you are registering more than one person, enter each separately and add them to your cart. To pay by check, send your payment to Management Information Exchange, 105 Chauncy Street, Floor 6 Suite 3, Boston, MA 02111-1766.
$50 for MIE subscribers
$70 for non-subscribers
Upon payment, you will be given a link to the webinar and PowerPoint presentation, and log in information. If you have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.