Attend the program in one sitting.
Download the entire program powerpoint as a PDF document.
Download the Accounting Manual Example from NorthWest Justice Project
January 25, 2011
This MIE webinar highlights key changes in the 2010 Accounting Guide for LSC Recipients, and the critical importance of effective financial oversight and internal controls in legal aid programs. This webinar is for boards of directors, executive directors and fiscal staff – all of whom must make a commitment of time and energy to effective fiscal controls.
The webinar assists board and staff by exploring the Accounting Guide and identifying tools for use in evaluating a program’s internal control structure and any gaps to be addressed. While the webinar primarily uses LSC materials and guidance, the concepts and resources have relevance for all legal aid programs.
- The risks of inadequate financial oversight and internal controls
- The concepts of financial oversight and internal controls
Key changes in the Accounting Guide for LSC Recipients (2010), including:
- Financial oversight concepts from the Sarbanes Oxley Act of 2002
- Monthly financial and key information reporting
- Internal control considerations for electronic banking transactions and contracting
- Other key internal controls found in the Fundamental Criteria
- Key practices to enhance fraud prevention
- The importance of an updated accounting manual
- Current best practices in accounting procedures and internal controls
Charles Greenfield, Program Counsel III, Office of Program Performance, Legal Services Corporation (formerly)
Steven Pelletier, Director of Finance, Northwest Justice Project
Eric Mittelstadt, Deputy Director, Utah Legal Services, moderator
Take advantage of our credit card or PayPal registration. You may pay with either your credit card or your PayPal account. If you are registering more than one person, enter each separately and add them to your cart. To pay by check, send your payment to Management Information Exchange, 105 Chauncy Street, Floor 6 Suite 3, Boston, MA 02111-1766.
$50 for MIE subscribers
$70 for non-subscribers
Upon payment, you will be given a link to the webinar and PowerPoint presentation, and log in information. If you have questions, email email@example.com.