National Fundraising Conference
This annual conference is for board members, volunteer fundraisers, executive directors, development directors, grant writers, office or unit managers - and any other staff member who wants to help legal aid funding grow.
Sessions typically include: Welcome Roundtable for Fundraisers New to Legal Aid; Foundation Fundraising; Successful Capital and Endowment Campaigns; Developing a Successful Cy Pres Strategy; The Effective Fundraising Board; Pro Bono and Legal Aid: The Fundraising Nexus; Developing an Effective Communications Strategy; Multi-generational Communications; Fundraising in Smaller Communities; Governmental Fundraising; Building Relationships with Major Donors; The Successful Development Plan; Organizing or Revitalizing a Private Bar Campaign; Strategies for Raising Funds from Corporations; New Entrepreneurial Activities which Fund Program Services; Positive Ways of Telling Our Story; Ethical Fundraising; and Thirty Minutes with an Expert mentoring session.
MIE has sponsored the Fundraising Conference since 1999. During the course of eleven years, the cumulative registration at this annual conference is more than 1400. Many fundraisers, of course, come back year after year, to learn the latest, share successes and network with their resource development colleagues. This is what participants say about their experience at MIE’s National Fundraising Conference:
- The MIE Fundraising Conference is always a worthwhile investment of time and money. It gives us development folks, who often have to function as islands unto ourselves, a huge boost.
- What I like best is networking with people across the country... learning from the Best of the Best...
- I am new to MIE, new to fundraising, and new to Legal Aid and this was the perfect event to get my feet wet. I have indeed arrived home with a ton of great ideas.
- This year, overall the presenters were great, but the opening plenary on Generational Marketing was over the top fantastic, interesting, amusing, and new.
- Wonderful materials! I'm glad I can get handouts for the sessions I didn't attend.
- We had a fantastic time and learned a whole lot. I have enormous respect for the MIE, which is populated with interesting, creative, extraordinary people. GREAT JOB, thank you.
- Thirty Minutes with an Expert mentoring session was reinforcing, stimulating and a very worthwhile addition to the conference.
You can view highlights from MIE's previous training events by clicking on these links.
|2016 National Fundraising Conference||July 20, 2016|
|2015 National Fundraising Conference- "Ignite the Passion!"||August 27, 2015|
|MIE 2014 National Fundraising Conference: Fill Your Development Toolbox!||July 24, 2014|
|MIE 2013 National Fundraising Conference, "How to Talk So People Will Give"||July 18, 2013|
|National Fundraising Conference 2012||July 12, 2012|