National Conference for Legal Services Administrators
This conferences is for all of those staff members who carry out a broad range of administrative functions: fiscal; grant writing; compliance with funder requirements; benefits administration and human resources; training; technology; and office management, including facilities and contract negotiation with vendors.
Sessions typically include: Facilities Management; Technology – Hardware, Software and Connectivity; Vendors/Purchasing; Fiscal Issues; Mergers and Acquisitions; Budgeting for Multiple Funding Sources, Multiple Offices; Managing Multiple Funding Sources; Accounting Software; Financial Policies and Procedures Manuals; Creating Necessary Financial Reports; Accumulating and Investing Reserves; Effective Supervision; Difficult Conversations; Employment Law; Insurance; Retirement Programs; and Using The New Social Media.
MIE created the National Conference for Legal Services Administrators in 2001. It has been held every eighteen months since then – seven conferences in all. Cumulatively, 400 administrators have benefited professionally from this conference. Many return, to learn the latest, share successes and network with their colleagues. This is what participants say about their experience at MIE’s National Conference for Legal Services Administrators:
- This is the best program for legal services administrators. It truly addresses our concerns in ways that others do not.
- The best thing about the MIE administrators conference is the opportunity to interact with administrators and fiscal folks from other programs. Very helpful!
- Sessions covered topics that are very relevant to administrators and financial people. The ability to share ideas/best practices was very helpful.
- It was really helpful to learn how other programs are managing their time keeping and grant allocations.
- This is my third MIE administrators conference and I always learn something new from both the sessions and the networking.
- I really liked the content of all fiscal sessions I attended. It certainly will help me with my accounting duties.
- The technology piece really helped. I didn’t realize how behind we are in technology compared to some legal services programs.
- MIE does an excellent job putting together information and allowing networking for administrators. You are appreciated for all that you do.
- Great conference. I left with tons of ideas to implement in my organization.
- Thank you to all who participated in planning and executing a great conference. I look forward to the next one.