Advance Beyond the Basics: Supervising for Excellence
This training deepens the legal services supervisor’s understanding of the multi‐faceted leadership, management and supervision responsibilities. It introduces many opportunities for skillbuilding through instruction in advanced legal services leadership, management and supervision concepts; practice in key skill areas including supervising multiple generations, holding difficult conversations, creating effective teams, planning and managing an office or unit’s work, utilizing professional development tools, and leading change; and facilitates an exchange of ideas with experienced and talented colleagues who grapple with similar leadership, management and supervision challenges in their own daily work.
This is what participants say about MIE’s Advance Beyond the Basics: Supervising for Excellence Training:
- I enjoyed the training and feel that it was worth every penny.
- I attended this training before but I had a different role in my organization at that time. It was very helpful to come back and do the training again, against the backdrop of my newer responsibilities. Also, it is a good refresher for everything and it is nice to make the colleague connections.
- Overall, an outstanding job and terrific resources to take back.
- I thought it was very worthwhile. The order of the sessions worked very well.
- The small groups were a wonderful way to discuss the ideas and to apply them to particular situations
- I most liked that small group discussions were focused on issues that individual participants were facing in their own organizations