Board of Directors Training Toolkit
Join forces with your Board Chair to strengthen the effectiveness of your Board of Directors in governing your legal aid program.
Embark on a training program tailored to your specific needs, located within your legal aid program, involving all Board Members and key staff, working together over time.
The MIE Board of Directors Training Toolkit includes:
Four modules with fiduciary, leadership and education content on:
- Mission and Program Services
- Financial Oversight and Development
- Planning and Accountability
- Organizational Leadership Development
- Tools and Resources gathered together in the Library
- A Guide to Assessing Your Board’s Effectiveness and Training Needs, online and print
- A Webinar or Presentation for each module that introduces the key concepts of the module
- A Guide to Discussion on the key concepts of each module
- Two hours of Telephone Consultation/coaching to help you design a training plan, answer questions, and keep your project on track
- MIE consulting services if you would like assistance in the development and delivery of this Board Training
- A sample Board Development Calendar
A small investment in Board Training will start you on your way to a stronger Board and a stronger legal aid program.
View a twenty minute webinar previewing MIE’s Board of Directors Training Toolkit and see the PowerPoint presentation here. You can purchase the MIE Board of Directors Training Toolkit here, only $495 for ME subscribers and $795 for non-subscribers.
Contact MIE with questions or to discuss reasonable fees for a consultant or for coaching to deliver this training to your Board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MIE Facilitated Board of Directors Training
Would you like MIE to facilitate your Board training? We will bring a program tailored to your specific needs to your place when you are ready. Just let us know, and we will be there! Contact us at email@example.com for more information.
What our participants have to say about MIE Board of Director Training!
"THANK YOU so very much for coming to Rockford this past weekend to facilitate our Board Retreat! I appreciate your time and effort in putting together such a relevant program for us, and the engaging way of your presentations. I especially liked your sharing of strategies that have worked at other programs. I feel energized after our retreat, much as I did after the MIE Fundraising Conference back in July. You are a great facilitator and encourager and I enjoyed our time together." -David B. Collins, Esq. of Quinn, Johnston, Henderson, Pretorius & Cerulo Law Firm
"I like best the various ideas that were brainstormed and which were provided to us as "Next Steps." Great job! That list is comprehensive and very valuable; even if only half the ideas materialize, it would still significantly enhance our effectiveness." - Board Member of Legal Services Alabama