Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator
Position Type: Full-Time/Non-Exempt
Education Level: 4 Year Degree
Travel Percentage: Undisclosed
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Training
Established by Congress in 1974, the Legal Services Corporation (LSC) is the country’s single largest funder of civil legal aid for low-income Americans. LSC currently funds 133 independent, nonprofit legal aid organizations with nearly 800 offices throughout the nation. LSC’s mission is to promote equal access to justice and provide grants for high-quality civil legal assistance.
Basic Function: The Training and Technical Assistance Coordinator (Coordinator) ensures the effective delivery of training and technical assistance to grantees of the Legal Services Corporation. The Coordinator is responsible for planning, development, and delivery of training and technical assistance to grantees. The Coordinator evaluates the effectiveness of the trainings and technical assistance and implements efforts to enhance their quality and the capacity of LSC staff to effectively deliver them. Reports jointly to the Directors of the Office of Program Performance and the Office of Compliance and Enforcement. Works interdepartmentally with offices that provide training to grantees. This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by the International Federation of Professional & Technical Engineers, Local 135.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Works with LSC staff to identify training and technical assistance needs of LSC grantees. Training and technical assistance topics include, but are not limited to, grants management and compliance, nonprofit governance and management, and civil legal aid programming.
2. With the input of LSC staff and grantees, performs short- and long-term planning related to grantee training and technical assistance, including creating and maintaining training and technical assistance plans, budgets, calendars, and course catalogues.
3. Coordinates the design and development of trainings. In collaboration with LSC staff, determines appropriate training formats and methods (e.g. in-person, e-learning, experiential, etc.); finds, procures, and coordinates appropriate trainers (internal and outsourced); communicates with trainers to ensure training content and materials are prepared.
4. Drawing upon best practices in educational principles and adult learning theory, works with internal and external subject matter experts and trainers to ensure trainings maximize value for participants; trains, advises, and supports LSC staff on how to develop and deliver effective trainings; assists LSC staff with the development of engaging training and e-learning materials.
5. Coordinates the execution of the trainings. Determines training date, time, and location. Coordinates training facilities or online training delivery platforms. Develops and manages training registration processes.
6. Markets training and technical assistance opportunities to LSC grantees and LSC staff. Creates informational materials including training descriptions, course catalogues, training calendars, and email and newsletter notices.
7. Designs and implements evaluative methods and tools to measure training and technical assistance program success and effectiveness. Draws upon evaluative information to improve the program.
8. Develops and documents training and technical assistance standard operating procedures
9. Works with LSC staff to develop and implement strategies to enhance LSC’s capacity to deliver training and technical assistance, including the development of a training database/learning management system, and training guidelines and templates for staff.
10. Stays up-to-date on and implements principles and methods related to best practices in instructional design and adult learning. Evaluates tools and platforms for training delivery.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary range: $76,725 - $86,120
LSC has a competitive market-based salary structure that establishes a specific salary range for this position. The salary range has eight pay levels separated by seven steps. An employee must wait two years to advance in Steps 1 through 4. New hires begin at Step 1.
Excellent benefits package.
Excellent organizational and project management skills; must demonstrate initiative and be an effective and creative problem-solver; excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of staff, attorneys, vendors, and consultants; ability to work in a multi-tasking environment; able to work collaboratively with numerous individuals across the organization and externally; unimpeachable integrity and personal ethics; able to work independently and on teams; skilled at gathering input and using it to inform work product; excellent customer service skills; ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines; excellent analytical skills; strong attention to detail; ability to learn and master information quickly; ability to identify and understand trends that affect LSC, its grantees, and their clients; and interest and experience in helping develop new organizational programs or initiatives.
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of experience in adult-education or training, or a combination of education and professional experience in adult-education or training totaling eight years. Extensive knowledge of current best practices in instructional design and adult education. Strong and effective teaching and coaching skills. Ability to work with diverse staff and grantees with different ability levels and learning styles. Strong skills and experience with using advanced technology in training or teaching, including e-learning technology and technology that enhances the delivery of in-person training. Strong event planning and coordination skills. Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor, and evaluate).
Submit a complete application (provide ALL of the information requested and answer ALL of the questions) and attach a résumé and cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Apply directly through the "Apply for Job" link below.
Questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If reasonable accommodation in the application process is required, please notify OHR at 202-295-1571 or email@example.com.
LSC embraces diversity as a core value. We recognize that our success as a corporation depends upon creating and maintaining a diverse team of talented professionals, and we are committed to a workplace that reflects and supports diverse individual backgrounds and perspectives. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and non-discrimination includes race, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, personal appearance, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, family responsibilities, disability and status as a veteran, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or regulation. We strive to have a workplace that is comfortable and welcoming for everyone. LSC is an equal opportunity employer.