Temporary Development Database Assistant
Pisgah Legal Services is a community-based non-profit corporation governed by a local Board of Directors. PLS has an annual budget of $8 million from a multitude of funding sources. Located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Western North Carolina, Pisgah Legal Services (PLS) provides free civil legal assistance to low-income people in western North Carolina. PLS has offices in Asheville, Burnsville, Hendersonville, Rutherfordton, Brevard, Highlands/Cashiers and
Marshall. With a dedicated and growing staff of ninety-six, including thirty-six attorneys plus supporting staff, and an active pro bono panel of 300 private attorneys, the program provides free services to more than 20,000 people per year to meet their basic needs, primarily in the poverty law areas of housing, public benefits, domestic violence prevention, health care, immigration, and consumer law.
This position is a crucial part of Pisgah Legal’s year-end fundraising and will work closely with different members of the Development team to ensure that our loyal donors receive the timely acknowledgment for their contributions to our mission.
Nature of Position
The Development Database Assistant will assist the Development team (fundraising) with essential year-end data management, gift acknowledgement, and clerical support. This position will be supervised by the Donor Relations Assistant. This position will begin mid-October and last through January.
This position is temporary and part-time at 15 hours per week. After an initial training period of two weeks in Pisgah Legal’s Asheville office, 10 hours can be work from home and 5 hours in the office. The schedule for completing the 15 hours of work is flexible over the course of the week and can be agreed upon with the supervisor.
- Enter donor and gift data with a high level of accuracy.
- Manage details for gift acknowledgments
- Coordinate with and support Development staff as needed and
- Provide database maintenance for records and systems
- Process and send tribute cards from donations and holiday cards ordered
- Other duties as needed and assigned
- Must be able to meet all essential job functions.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate with coworkers
- Experience with data entry
- Experience w/ customer relationship management software is a plus, experience with Microsoft Excel and Word including merge features
- High level of organization and attention to detail
$17 hourly wage depending on experience. Holidays and paid time off offered at a proportional rate.
Email resumé and cover letter describing relevant experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. PLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how your unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and legal services practice.
Pisgah Legal Services is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.