Alaska Legal Services Corporation (ALSC) has an opening for a full-time Technology Director in the Anchorage office. The Technology Director’s primary responsibility is to provide direction and vision for the utilization of technology as well as to maintain all aspects of technology usage. The Technology Director directs and oversees all organization-wide technology planning, organization and implementation. The Technology Director must effectively manage productive and collaborative relationships with IT vendors. This position will also oversee and serve as backup for local and non-local end-user support requests to ensure a seamless technology experience for our staff and client community across the state.
The ideal candidate must be reactive to any issues that arise and proactive in identifying emerging technology that will improve service delivery, adept at project management and making decisions with the needs of end users and clients at the forefront. The person in this position must be able to handle a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled interpersonal communicator that can translate complex topics into simple terms.
- Provide technological guidance, hardware/software solutions, and planning for the organization with an understanding of both staff needs and resource needs for serving the client community.
- Provide supervision and oversight of Technology staff.
- Select and supervise contractors/vendors for IT projects and upgrades, supervise communication with providers and vendors to resolve issues and ensure on-going maintenance as needed.
- Oversee maintenance of and provide backup for direct local and non-local user support for all hardware, software, server, network, peripherals, printers, voice and fax systems, desktop application issues, and other miscellaneous communications or IT systems.
- Create plans and provide hands-on support during emergencies, outages, and service transitions.
- Oversee On/off boarding of staff and volunteers including setting up all new hardware and software, training new users, and account creation/closure.
- Responsible for staying informed of Information Technology trends, and recommending changes in Information Technology systems
- Train staff in new and current technologies and provide on-going updates to staff about relevant technology information, including status on system changes, building awareness for system safety, and providing short-cuts or tips.
- Maintain ALSC inventory of all ALSC hardware and software.
- Implement and oversee development of annual technology plan and policies and procedures relating to information technology, data management, disaster recovery, infrastructure planning, and security.
- Timely submit all reports and forms required by law, LSC regulations, and ALSC policies and procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned depending upon ALSC’s needs and the skills of the successful candidate.
Salary: $54,576-$77,688 per year DOE. Generous benefits and leave package provided, including partial reimbursement of relocation expenses.
About Alaska Legal Services Corporation (ALSC): ALSC is a private, nonprofit law firm with a mission to provide high quality civil legal services to low income and disadvantaged people and communities to protect their safety, their health and promote family stability. Through advocacy, education, collaboration and litigation we empower individuals, protect fundamental rights, strengthen communities, create opportunities and achieve justice.
About the Successful Candidate: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a combination of education and experience that cover the areas required. Three years of experience directly related to the specific duties specified. Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions. Knowledge of a range of network systems, protocols, and applications. Knowledge of data security and disaster recovery systems and procedures. Ability to organize, prioritize, and work independently. Good communications skills, both written and oral. Ability to convey highly technical procedures in simple terms. Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact constructively with diverse populations. Sensitivity to cultural and poverty law issues.
Applications: ALSC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage women, persons of color, LGBTQ individuals, veterans, persons with disabilities, and persons from other underrepresented groups to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible. Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to: Danielle Blair, Administrative Director at email@example.com. Please reference Technology Director in your application.