Indiana Legal Services, Inc.
AGENCY DESCRIPTION: Indiana Legal Services, Inc. (ILS) is a statewide, not-for profit organization that provides free legal services to eligible clients in civil cases through 8 branch offices and 4 satellite offices statewide. ILS is funded by the Legal Services Corporation, Indiana Civil Legal Aid Fund, United Ways, Area Agencies on Aging, and approximately 20 other funding sources. The system developer will assist the IT team in providing a seamless flow of information throughout the organization, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER: ILS is committed to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any category protected by law.
LOCATION: This position is located in the Indianapolis office of Indiana Legal Services.
JOB SUMMARY: This is a full-time system developer position (37.5 hours per week). ILS has adopted Microsoft cloud (BPOS) February 2011. This position is for a candidate that likes to work on cloud applications. The candidate will work closely with the IT Director to oversee the development, implementation, applications and programs (cloud) for the backend processing systems used in businesses and organizations. The ideal candidate for this position will be able to function effectively with limited oversight and moderate on-site/remote training. The system developer may be expected to work before or after normal working hours and from remote locations in order to troubleshoot and address technology problems and to implement any upgrades and modifications to the system.
- Perform task as directed by the IT Director.
- Design, build and support high performance cloud applications.
- Develop back-end APIs and provide documentation.
- Work in all phases of a rapid product development life cycle.
- Support internal and client IT teams on items related to back-end development, server/database issues, etc.
- Assist with ILS’s disaster and recovery plan.
- Support ILS’s overall mission and comply with grant agreements and ILS policies and procedures.
COMPENSATION: The starting salary for the system developer position is $42,200 and is commensurate with experience. ILS offers an excellent fringe benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, Rx), disability insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, and a flex benefit plan.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education and experience.
- Knowledge of SaaS and IaaS (Azure, Office 365, NetApp, Citrix).
- Knowledge of Shell scripting
- Knowledge of Microsoft BI is a plus.
- Knowledge working with Windows server, VM, Azure Active Directory.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance.