Staff Attorney: Pro Bono Development
- Engage, train and support pro bono attorneys and other volunteers, including law interns, in support of CLS’s programs.
- Maintain appropriate pro bono and volunteer management system, including database. Execute protocols for case/volunteer recruitment, retention, status reports and feedback from pro bono partners.
- Execute orientation, training, mentoring and engagement models for CLS pro bono attorneys and prospective pro bono attorneys.
- Assist with the execution of pro bono attorney recognition and reward programs.
- Actively participate in achieving pro bono attorney retention and engagement goals as established by CLS leadership.
- Work with Pro Bono Client Coordinators to ensure appropriate attorney availability for all pro bono activities and develop new and engaging pro bono opportunities.
- Maintain updated guidance materials, sample filings, and legal training presentations.
- Network with attorneys and local bars to encourage recruitment and participation for CLS’s pro bono program.
Background and Experience
- Juris Doctorate with 5 years of experience in the practice of law.
- Must be licensed to practice law in the State of Florida.
- Must be admitted in good standing to practice law in Florida.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working with low-income and/or vulnerable clients and communities on civil legal matters.
May 8, 2023
Community Legal Services of Mid-Florida
122 E. Colonial DriveOrlando, FL 32801
See map: Google Maps