DEADLINE: Open until filled. Applications should be received by July 12, 2019, to be considered for the first round of interviews.
SALARY RANGE (Depending on Experience): $69, 534 - $93,182 per year.
Location: Oakland, CA
WHO WE ARE
Disability Rights California (DRC) is a statewide, non-profit legal organization dedicated to advancing the rights of Californians with disabilities. DRC works to achieve fairness and justice for people with disabilities through individual and impact litigation, state and federal policy and regulatory advocacy, and community education and training.
JOB DESCRIPTION – STAFF ATTORNEY II
The Staff Attorney II is a member of DRC’s Intake Unit, who shares responsibility with this unit and the Outreach Unit to develop community based legal clinics to underserved communities throughout California.
In coordination with his/her supervisor and intake and outreach staff, the Staff Attorney II will develop relationships with underserved communities throughout California through training, clinics, and collaborative partnerships. For training and clinics, the attorney will identify training topics of interest to the various underserved communities and schedule legal clinics aimed to educate members of underserved communities about their legal rights and provide real-time information, including counsel and advice, to participants. The attorney will also help identify potential systemic issues by participating in community-based collaborative partnerships and providing expertise on disability rights.
1. Juris Doctor Degree (JD) plus three (3) or more years related legal experience and/or training.
2. Effective communication skills sufficient to represent clients in legal hearings, meetings, negotiations, administrative proceedings, and trainings.
3. Ability to conduct research and analyses of pertinent legal authority.
4. Ability to analyze complex problems and develop creative solutions.
5. Ability to work independently with appropriate supervision.
6. Ability and willingness to travel and do trainings and clinics, occasionally on evenings and weekends.