Staff Attorney (Immigration)
Reporting to the Program Director, ONA Legal Counsel will assist in carrying out ONA grant objectives and will work to advance the mission of The Legal Aid Society. ONA Legal Counsel will provide outreach, direct immigration legal services, naturalization application review, legal clinics, legal consultation days, community information sessions, Know Your Rights presentations, referrals, and technical legal assistance to ONA Opportunity Centers and other organizations across the counties of the Finger Lakes Region. This position will primarily operate out of Rochester, NY.
LASROC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
· Juris Doctor & admission to New York State Bar.
· High level of initiative, self-motivation, and organization.
· Excellent legal research and writing skills.
· Strong negotiating ability.
· Ability to articulate thoughts and ideas effectively and accurately.
· Respectful and empathetic consideration for clients.
· Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and community partners.
· Access to reliable transportation.
Please send the following information to be considered:
· Cover Letter
· Professional References
· Writing Sample (send to email@example.com)
· Unofficial Transcripts (if admitted under two years) (send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Send the following information to:
Human Resources, The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY, 1 West Main Street, Suite 800 Rochester, NY 14614,