Staff Attorney (Elder Law)
Three Rivers has an immediate opening for a Staff Attorney in its Lake City Office. This is a litigation position. The Staff Attorney will primarily serve the needs of elderly clients. Practice area includes probate, estate planning, guardian advocacy and relative custody matters. A desire to represent the needs of low-income clients and underserved populations is essential.
- Provide civil legal services to clients and client groups including, advice, brief services, negotiation, administrative representation, and court litigation;
- Draft pleadings, wills, estate planning documents, letters, and community outreach materials;
- Conduct legal research and draft legal memoranda;
- Review and supervise work product of assigned support staff member;
- In coordination with the Managing Attorney, communicate and foster relationships with the courts, local and state bar associations, community agencies, and local client groups;
- Represent TRLS at meetings, community events, and other outreach.
- Attorney in good standing with the Florida Bar or law school graduate pending admission to the Florida Bar;
- Excellent oral, written, and legal research skills;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G-Suite;
- Demonstrated interest in public interest law and commitment to justice for low-income and elderly persons;
- Willingness to travel to rural communities.
Salary and Benefits: $50,485 plus, depending on experience. Full benefits package including health insurance, FSA, generous paid leave, short term disability, life insurance, a 5% employer contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan after 2 years of service, continuing legal education, and paid membership in the Florida Bar and local bar association. Hybrid work schedule is an option after completion of introductory period.
Apply at https://www.trls.org/jobs/. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and three professional references. EOE and ADA compliant. Applications will be accepted through June 30, 2023 or until position is filled.
TRLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how their unique background and/or experiences might contribute to our staff's diversity, cultural vitality, perspective, and practice.
Three Rivers Legal Services, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or veteran status.