Staff Attorney (ALSC Disaster Unit)
Come work with great people who do hard work to better the lives of low-income and vulnerable individuals in our communities. Be a part of a non-profit law firm, with 100+ employees in seven offices across Louisiana, that seeks legal justice while understanding the value of work-life balance. Work independently and as part of a team to obtain positive results for clients with a focus on civil law matters that include: Family Law, Child in Need of Care, Disaster Recovery, Domestic Violence, Public Benefits, Elder Law, Successions, Housing, and Consumer Law positions that are available in Alexandria, Franklin, Lafayette, Lake Charles, Monroe, Natchitoches, and Shreveport. Applicants should be a member of Louisiana State Bar and licensed to practice law in Louisiana, with preference given to candidates with clinical or legal aid experience. Candidates must have strong organizational and communication skills, be comfortable interacting with low income clients, and be able to learn electronic case management system.
Acadiana Legal Service Corporation is seeking licensed, full-time Staff Attorneys to represent low-income and elderly people in civil matters that are stated above.
Including but not limited to...
- Expected to provide quality legal services to our low-income client population in a manner that is both compassionate and efficient.
- Any attorney must be a self-starter and have a demonstrated commitment and understanding of the legal problems and needs of low-income clients.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and must be capable of meeting deadlines and performing multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- The successful candidate should have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive relations with a diverse population.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Entry level salary of $53,148 is negotiable depending on experience. Candidates with more experience can expect a higher range salary.
- As a Staff Attorney, you may also be eligible for participating in the Louisiana Bar Foundation’s Loan Repayment Assistance Program. This program offers financial assistance of up to $5,000 annually to attorneys carrying law school debt.
- Additionally, the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program through the U.S. Department of Education, currently forgives the remaining balance on your Direct Loans after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments under a qualifying repayment plan.
- This position offers great fringe benefits that include paid employee health, vision, dental, and disability plans as well as a generous 403(b) retirement contribution plan. Federal law prohibits an outside practice of law. The Staff Attorney must be a LSBA licensed attorney AA/EEO Employer. Salary DOE with great benefits provided by employer.
- $5,000 Hiring Incentive! All newly hired Staff Attorneys will be awarded a hiring and retention incentive. Half will be provided after the 90-work day probationary period and the other half will be paid if you are still employed after one year from hire date.
*Salary based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $53,148.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Shreveport, LA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Louisiana State Bar License (Required)
Work Location: In person
Acadiana Legal Service Corporation (ALSC) seeks a full-time, licensed Staff Attorney to aid survivors of 2020-2021 FEMA-declared disasters. Able to handle civil law matters like title clearing, successions, estate planning, contractor fraud, and landlord/tenant disputes. Join us in making a meaningful impact, providing justice, and supporting vulnerable communities. If you are an attorney eager to assist disaster survivors, apply online today at www.la-law.org/careers.