STAFF ATTORNEY UPPER EASTERN SHORE
Maryland Legal Aid announces a full-time staff attorney position available in the Easton, Maryland office to qualified applicants.
Handle all functions related to case work from initial intake through representation of clients before all relevant agencies, courts, etc. Staff attorneys may be expected to work with other attorneys, law graduates, legal assistants/paralegals, social workers, and students on cases or projects. Maintain case files in accordance with Maryland Legal Aid standards. Tasks assigned to staff attorneys may include any or all but are not limited to the following:
- Screen clients for eligibility and make referrals, as appropriate.
- Conduct preliminary and subsequent interviews with clients.
- Conduct factual investigation and analysis, and legal research.
- Advise clients of results of investigation and research and counsel clients about their options.
- Prepare pleadings, including but not limited to, complaints, answers, memoranda of law, briefs, etc.
- Develop case theory and strategy for the representation of clients.
- Prepare cases and represent clients in negotiations, hearings, trials and appeals.
- Work with various community groups and accept speaking engagements as assigned by supervisor.
Admitted to practice in the State of Maryland, or admitted in another jurisdiction and eligible for admission in the State of Maryland. Out-of-State attorneys must be able and available to take next scheduled bar exam following date of employment. Spanish language proficiency desirable.
Visit https://www.mdlab.org/careers/ or Apply for Staff Attorney Upper Shore using the link below: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=9156664a-1a51-4897-90b5-51213a0ce138&ccId=1997542647_11688&jobId=266504&lang=en_US&source=CC4