The Legal Aid Society of Columbus is looking for individuals with a demonstrated commitment to making a difference in the lives of indigent people and their communities for attorney position in our Marion office. The attorney would have the opportunity to handle cases in all of LASC’s areas of service, including family law, consumer law, housing, education, and public benefits. In addition, the attorney would focus a significant portion of their time on holistically helping victims and survivors of domestic violence through the Attorney General’s VOCA (Victims of Crime Act) grant.
Our attorneys are encouraged and supported in being creative, effective advocates in federal, state, and local judicial, administrative and legislative forums. Additional information about LASC is available at www.columbuslegalaid.org
- Individual client counseling and representation;
- Community outreach;
- Development of partnerships with targeted community groups;
- Seeking opportunities to improve access to the courts for victims and survivors of domestic violence;
- Work collaboratively with other members of LASC staff
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Attorney.
- Licensed to practice law in the State of Ohio;
- Experience in legal services or advocacy on behalf of families, children, and/or victims and survivors of domestic violence;
- Demonstrated patience, compassion, respect and commitment to serving low-income and immigrant community members required;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required;
- Superior interpersonal skills to establish and maintain working relationships with clients;
- Ability to facilitate collaboration as well as the ability to build and sustain productive relationships with diverse individuals, groups and organizations;
- Demonstrated project development and management skills;
- Exceptional problem solving, planning and organizational skills.
In addition to a salary of $49,000 + DOE, we offer an excellent benefits and leave package, eligibility for the Ohio Legal Assistance Foundation Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP), and excellent ongoing training opportunities.
Reply with resume, writing sample, and references to: Kathleen C. McGarvey, Director, at email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.