Senior Program Manager (Disaster Recovery)
The Senior Program Manager, Public Programs, leads the implementation and administration of high-performing, high-impact legal fellowship program focused on Disaster Recovery. As a member of the Public Programs Management Team, the Senior Program Manager holds an external and internal facing role as subject matter expert in disaster legal aid to define and accomplish the strategic and operational goals of the program and related projects, aligned with Equal Justice Works’ strategic plan. The position reports to the Assistant Director.
- Acts as subject matter expert and establishes strategic vision and goals for the Disaster Recovery Program, including relationship development with key stakeholders at local, regional and national level for program development, funding and program implementation.
- Conducts needs assessments/situational reports, develops project concept notes and proposals, program metrics (or monitoring and evaluation plans) logic models, project budgets, trainings, timelines, and operational plans
- Manages a portfolio of assigned projects, including the current Disaster Recovery Legal Corps, with overall responsibility for day to day program operations, including program budget management, resource allocation, communications, and award compliance
- Ensures programmatic capability and performance. Assesses risk and compliance with applicable regulations, grant terms and conditions, policies and procedures
- Defines and maintains regular program communications and training plans, data collection plans, and supervises the production of periodic progress reports on program activities, including financial and narrative reports
- Manages relationships with donors (in conjunction with the Institutional Advancement Unit as agreed), host organizations and other key program stakeholders, including fellows
- Oversees program consultants and program contractors as appropriate
- Provides guidance to team members, supervises and motivates staff through active mentorship, training and facilitating peer-to-peer learning. Provides input into staff professional development
- Participates in and represents Equal Justice Works externally in meetings and conferences to advance program profile, growth and innovation
- Contributes to the design, integration and improvement of program strategies, collaborations and implementation plans to ensure long-term sustainability and impact of programs and investments
- Engages as an expert contributor and/or leader in achieving cross-cutting organizational goals and initiatives, such as Leadership Development Training, cross-unit working groups, etc. Leverages subject matter expertise to support Unit Directors as individual contributors and/or team leads.
- Undertakes other duties as assigned by Unit Director or as agreed by Leadership Team
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive and generous benefits package commensurate with education and experience, including loan repayment assistance, full healthcare coverage, dental and 401k.
- Salary Range - Compensation commensurate with experience
- Advanced degree required, JD preferred, with five to seven (5-7) years of work experience, with at least three years of program management at a supervisory and/or managerial level
- Deep knowledge across one or more relevant programmatic areas in disaster legal aid and access to justice/civil legal aid issues.
- Track record of implementing and managing large scale, complex programs and budgets, with solid understanding of grants lifecycle (pre-award, award, and post-award)
- Diplomatic and skillful in developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Superior judgment, with an ability to maintain professional, upbeat attitude and sense of humor
- Exceptional analytical, writing & public speaking skills for communicating with a broad and diverse audiences, including stakeholders across the practice, policy, community & political sectors
- Ability to prioritize, focus and achieve results, including strong ability to source and analyze data and ability to rapidly learn, organize, and synthesize information
- Solutions-oriented, with strong conceptual and innovative thinking in complex, dynamic and/or completely new situations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead, manage, provide feedback and motivate a team and direct reports
- Demonstrated commitment to growth, meeting a high bar, and contributing to a positive workplace culture of continuous improvement
- Technical Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Project management (PMP certification a plus or willingness to attain training/certification), budget and accounting, program design (logic models, theories of change, outcome measurement and evaluation), grants management, risk management and compliance, proposal and report writing. Advanced public speaking skills.
- The position is open until filled. Applicants should send resume, three references and cover letter describing in detail their experience, qualifications and why they would be a good fit. Please note: Phone calls and direct emails will not be accepted. Applications without cover letters will not be reviewed.