Resource Development Support Services to the Civil Legal Aid Community
Management Information Exchange (MIE) seeks to augment the resource development support services it provides to the civil legal aid community. MIE seeks someone with significant experience in civil legal aid, fundraising, management and training to join MIE in a newly created role to manage MIE’s resource development support activities.
MIE is a nonprofit organization that supports leaders, managers, supervisors, administrators, and fundraisers in legal aid programs. MIE’s mission is to promote excellence in management to ensure high quality advocacy on behalf of low-income people. MIE advances best practices and innovation in leadership, management, supervision and fundraising by providing comprehensive training and conference offerings, consulting services, and a flagship journal to promote a full and free exchange of ideas in the legal aid community.
As envisioned in MIE’s strategic plan, this new manager of MIE’s resource development support activities will provide expanded support on behalf of MIE to the legal aid community by:
- staffing MIE’s annual national fundraising conference and periodic webinars;
- supporting a national fundraising data collection, analysis and technical assistance project;
- responding to MIE subscriber requests for resource development technical assistance, consulting and training as requested;
- identifying and developing additional MIE resource development support services; and
- engaging with the civil legal aid resource development community.
This staff member will work closely with the MIE Executive Director to further define the activities and priorities of the new position, and to carry out the work of MIE as envisioned by the strategic plan. The position is expected to encompass sixteen hours of work per week. Work may be carried out as an employee of MIE or as an independent contractor. Work location is flexible. Compensation to be negotiated.
In addition to having overall experience in civil legal services, fundraising, management and training, the successful candidate for this position will:
- possess experience as a fundraiser in a legal aid organization
- have experience designing and delivering training in various formats
- have been active in MIE as a volunteer, trainer, trainee, author, consultant or similar capacity
- be able to travel to MIE events and consulting projects, post-pandemic
- work independently while communicating thoroughly with the MIE executive director, board, staff and committee members
- have experience working with volunteers on projects with deadlines and deliverables
To apply, please send a letter expressing in detail your interest in the position, your qualifications, and what you hope to contribute to MIE; a current resume; and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Applicants should indicate their preference for working as an employee, as an independent contractor, or no preference.
In order to receive full consideration, candidates are urged to submit their materials by May 21, 2021.
Materials should be submitted electronically to email@example.com in Microsoft Word or pdf format. Candidates with questions about the position or process may contact Patricia Pap, Executive Director, Management Information Exchange, 508-737-4010, firstname.lastname@example.org.