Resource Development Director
Our organization makes a difference in the communities we serve because we change lives by helping people get access to justice that we all want and need.
We do this through our legal services.
Every day, our attorneys and staff work to create opportunities for the most vulnerable individuals and families to find their path out of poverty, live independently, and contribute to making our society a better place for all of us to live.
Take the time to learn how we can help you in improving your life, and how you can support our services to ensure they are available to those who need them most in the 13 counties that we serve.
The purpose of this position is to create and implement a strategic fundraising plan that will develop, sustain, and expand relationships with law firms, corporations, social services agencies, bar associations, and the judiciary. The Resource Development Director is responsible for obtaining funds from foundations, corporations, individuals, special events and government sources through grant writing, annual appeals, events, and strategic campaigns. The Resource Development Director will work to establish long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies to further the organization’s private attorney involvement program and fundraising initiatives liaison to the board fundraising committee. The Resource Development Director is expected to create marketing materials, and social media and advertising campaigns as part of a public relations strategy.
1. Work with FRLS leadership team and board of directors to create and implement a strategic and comprehensive fundraising plan to secure unrestricted and special funds for FRLS through individual and major gifts, corporate and foundation contributions, special events and other initiatives.
2. Interact with highly-skilled legal and other professionals who provide ongoing services and support to FRLS.
3. Identify and cultivate key potential major donors and nurture existing donor relationships.
4. Prepare and implement strategic communications activities and materials in order to raise the public profile of FRLS, in addition to work well Private Attorney Involvement Director with efforts and fundraising activities.
5. Manage all aspects of the resources development including planning, database, and recordkeeping and reporting as requested by our funders.
6. Work with administration to track all pledges, gifts, and renewals, provide acknowledgements to all donors, and follow up on pledges with reminders as needed.
7. Working knowledge of Florida Statute § 496 Solicitation of Funds, as well as other donor and funder requirements, and work in conjunction with the Finance Director to maintain fundraiser policies as needed.
8. Identify available grants and assist in grant writing.
9. Oversee and supervise the production of written materials and mail-outs in support of development and public relations activities, including annual reports, newsletters, recognition ads, press releases, direct mail pieces, staff participation on talk shows, etc.: work with media to relay the facts and successes of FRLS.
10. Plan and direct marketing compliance as related to financial development.
11. Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
12. Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
13. Coordinate fund raising special events.
14. Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
15. Must be able to travel as needed.
16. Perform other related duties as requested.
1. Minimum of five years of related experience in development or equivalent combination education and experience.
2. BS or BA degree in business, marketing, or nonprofit leadership with fundraising experience
3. Some knowledge of the legal system, commitment to the mission of FRLS and compassion for the Clients.
4. Ability to forge positive relationships with prospects and colleagues.
5. Good organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
7. Creativity and ability to maximize the use of existing resources.
8. Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), Adobe Illustrator, and utilization in Legal Server.
9. Skilled in using social media.
10. Persuasive writing, and the ability to interact at the executive level.
11. Must be able to effectively communicate with peers, supervisors, clients and the public.
12. Must be able to effectively work in high pressure situations which involve deadlines.
Information , Developing Budgets, Performance Management
This position operates in a professional office environment.
1. Must be able to work weekends and travel when needed.
The Resource Developer of Florida Rural Legal Services, is an exempt position and not subject to the FRLS collective bargaining agreements.
Florida Rural Legal Services, Inc., does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other characteristic protected by federal, state of local law.Hide
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com