Regional Disaster Relief Case Manager
Legal Aid of Southeastern PA (“LASP”) seeks a Regional Disaster Relief Case Manager to assist with the provision of legal services in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties, Pennsylvania. LASP serves individuals with low incomes from Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties facing issues regarding housing, including landlord-tenant law and foreclosure, family law, protection from domestic violence, consumer, employment and public benefits. LASP’s current Montgomery County offices are in Norristown and Pottstown. The position will be based in Norristown and will be full-time. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required, and COVID protocols are in place. Applicants may apply for a medical or religious exemption. Staff currently work on a hybrid basis depending on the current state of the Coronavirus in the service area. The successful candidate will be expected to perform in-office work as well as be able to work remotely as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Interview prospective clients by phone or in person and investigate facts to assist with determination of the level of service to be provided to the client;
- Facilitate initial client applications by phone as well as in-person intake in the Norristown office and at outreach intake sessions in all four counties;
- Under supervision of an attorney, triage calls, evaluate merit of cases, explain legal concepts to clients, and prepare correspondence and documents to assist in the representation of clients;
- Conduct a holistic unmet needs assessment with clients to provide services beyond legal services;
- Create and maintain case files in LASP’s computer case management system as well as enter notes and timekeeping in the system;
- Manage a caseload by taking prompt action on assigned cases;
- Organize information and use technological resources so that information necessary to assist applicants and clients is easy to access and can be transferred to other staff for extended representation;
- Participate in external professional and community organizations relevant to casework;
- Participate in assigned outreach, clinics, community education, and workshops;
- Engage in LASP team efforts to achieve office and program goals, including participation in program-wide affinity groups and task forces;
- Ensure that requirements of grants and contracts which may provide funding for the position are followed, assist with contract and grant reports, and develop forms and run reports to ensure compliance with grants and contracts; and
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
Director of Community Engagement & Training. The Regional Disaster Relief Case Manager will work closely with an attorney assigned to provide disaster-related legal services.
LASP is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate in the recruitment, selection, or advancement of employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, genetic information or on any other basis prohibited by law.
Associate Degree or minimum of one year certificate from college or technical school; or minimum of three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated proficiency in computer technology, including Microsoft products (particularly Word, Outlook and Excel), record and timekeeping software, and routine database activity. Spanish language ability is helpful but not required.
[Note: Multiple positions available. Please visit lasp.org/careers.]
TO APPLY: Send resume, writing sample and cover letter, including the job title (Disaster Relief Case Manager), to Elise Wilson-Coles, Human Resources Manager, at Legal Aid of Southeastern Pennsylvania to Hiring@lasp.org. Position will remain open until filled.