R3 Community Lawyer (Springfield)
· Actively participate in community outreach and education
· Build and maintain relationships with community partners
· Actively listen to community residents about legal needs and develop strategies to address them on an individual and systemic basis
· Handle all elements of litigation including client interviewing, investigation, discovery, pleadings, briefs, and representation at hearings at trial level and appellate levels if appropriate
· Supervising support staff, interns, and paralegals
· Other duties as assigned
· Licensed to practice law in Illinois or has requisite credentials for reciprocity
· Previous legal and nonprofit experience preferred
· Strong commitment to social and racial justice
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work with people of diverse social, economic, and racial/ethnic backgrounds
· Ability to communicate with diverse audiences
· Excellent verbal, analytical, writing and organization skills
· Highly motivated and demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Special Working Conditions and Demands:
· Applicants must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and car insurance.
· Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours to accommodate needs of the community.
· Land of Lincoln Legal Aid attorneys are primarily working from home during the pandemic, but must be able to attend court and video conference hearings, as well as meetings and events with community partners.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to the following Managing Attorney:
Melinda Hubele, email@example.com