Pro Bono Volunteer Coordinator
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, a private, non-profit law firm is seeking a full-time Volunteer Coordinator for its Pro Bono Project, which matches low-income clients with volunteer attorneys. Under the direction of the Pro Bono Director, the Program Volunteer Coordinator will handle administrative tasks of running the Project such as tracking program statistics, maintaining the client waiting list, coordinating logistics and planning for trainings and other recruitment events. The Volunteer Coordinator will recruit new volunteers, place pro bono cases, and provide support and resources to volunteers.
College degree required. Experience in the legal field and/or event planning strongly preferred, however, other professional experience will be considered. Candidate must have excellent people skills and a professional demeanor.
Additional qualities desired:
- Is able to understand the lives and struggles confronting low-income and vulnerable people in our community
- Enjoys providing legal information to someone who might need extra patience understanding their legal issue
- An empathetic communicator with a positive attitude
- Enjoys being a part of a great team of caring individuals
- Loves challenges, dislikes being bored, and believes drama and gossip belong at the movies or at brunch, not at work.
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada offers a benefit package, such as 100% employer paid health, dental, vision and life insurance for employees and their dependents, paid vacation/sick time, and company matched 403b plan.
Please visit www.lacsn.org for more information about our organization and select careers for current opportunities. Follow us on Twitter.com/LegalAidSNV, Facebook and YouTube.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS PLEASE
Please send cover letter, resume and a brief writing sample to:
Attn: Human Resources Department
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
725 S. Charleston Blvd
Las Vegas, Nevada 89104
Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada is an ADA/Equal Opportunity Employer
Deadline: Open until filled