Pro Bono Coordinator
The Pro Bono Coordinator reports to the Pro Bono Manager and is responsible for implementing and supporting various pro bono initiatives and activities. This includes collaborating with 603 Legal Aid’s managers, attorneys, paralegals and intake staff; supporting and contributing to the development of new and innovative volunteer opportunities for volunteer attorneys and law students; assisting with the coordination of training; developing and assisting with pro bono legal advice clinics and other projects; and providing administrative support to ensure the efficiency of 603 Legal Aid’s pro bono efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Contribute to the development and operation of 603 Legal Aid’s overall pro bono legal services efforts.
2. Evaluate cases for pro bono eligibility, suitability and referral consistent with the organization’s pro bono protocols.
3. Supports pro bono case assignment and case management utilizing 603 Legal Aid’s case management system including case tracking, case closing and ensuring accurate volunteer and staff notes and time records.
4. Develop and maintain systems for tracking volunteer data to assist with appropriately matching clients with volunteer attorneys.
5. Assist with the development of legal resources and training materials to assist clients and attorney volunteers.
6. Gather program outcome, survey and other program-related data for reports to the Board of Directors and funders, as well as for public facing materials (i.e., newsletters, websites, etc.).
7. Handle the implementation, reporting, and follow up for CLE trainings and community events including Celebrate Pro Bono Week. Responsible for event logistics including registration, presenters, publicity, staffing, technology, materials/handouts, and refreshments.
8. Collaborate in the development of partnerships and alliances with attorneys, law firms, law schools, bar associations, and local pro bono groups, as it relates to recruiting and retaining volunteers.
9. Support volunteer attorneys by providing information, responding to inquiries and conducting basic legal research where necessary.
10. Develop and maintain a pro bono case referral packet. Prepare documents to assist volunteers in the representation of clients. Link volunteers with substantive law experts for case handling support.
11. Participate in and support volunteer attorney recruitment efforts and recognition program.
12. Develop and implement systems to measure volunteer attorney and client satisfaction with the services of 603 Legal Aid.
13. Abide by all professional and ethical standards of excellence.
14. Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.This position is full-time (37.5 hours weekly) and considered hourly non-exempt for the purpose of federal wage/hour law. Salary DOE, expected to range from $25.00 to $28.00 per hour, plus benefits package including medical, retirement, life and disability and generous paid time off. The Pro Bono Coordinator position is based in our Concord, NH office.
Excellent communication skills required to work with clients, attorneys, other staff and the general public.
• Strong organizational skills, high level of attention to detail, creative problem solving, and ability to balance demands of multiple projects.
• Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment in implementing established policies and procedures, and maintaining confidentiality.
• Knowledge of legal terminology, procedures and processes, or ability and motivation to learn.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of an associate degree or paralegal certificate, or commensurate experience.
• 3 to 5 years of experience as a program coordinator or paralegal preferred, or related experience and/or training.
• Advanced proficiency and experience in computer technology, including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe, web-based and database functions.
• Skilled with WordPress or other Content Management Systems (CMS). Graphic design a plus (Canva, Adobe Suite).
• Previous experience in areas of poverty law is preferred.
• Experience with website content management and database management generation of reports.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.