People Operations Manager for Training and Development
Legal Aid Justice Center seeks a People Operations Manager for Training and Development. This person is responsible for ensuring LAJC staff has the training, technical assistance and support they need to be effective in their positions and to help them grow as leaders while supporting the needs of the organization.
- Develops, monitors, plans and maintains training and development programs and objectives for LAJC staff
- Develop and implement processes for tracking professional development opportunities
- Develops and maintains organizational communications to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources.
- Manage online and physical resource libraries ensuring they are updated and accessible to staff
- Plans, organizes and provides logistical support for employee development and training events including in-house opportunities
- Maintain, track and report on professional development budgets to the Director of Finance and Operations to monitor training costs
- Provide administrative support to all training and staff development functions including onboarding of interns, staff, and community partners
- Strong commitment to social, economic, and racial justice
- Strengths in organization, time management, and demonstrating initiative
- Ability to work and communicate effectively across lines of identity and difference
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Skills evaluating and researching training options and alternatives
- Skills designing and implementing effective training and development
- Strong presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Alignment with LAJC’s mission of partnering with and advocating in low-wealth communities and communities of color
- Willingness to travel to each of our offices in Charlottesville, Richmond, Falls Church, and Petersburg
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- 3 years of experience designing and implementing employee development programs
- Prior experience (work or lived) using an explicit race equity lens
- Exposure to the legal field or working with lawyers
- Exposure to organizing and advocacy, or working with organizers
This role could be based in any of our offices. Occasional travel between offices will be required.
Salary range is $50,000 to $70,000 based on years of relevant experience and LAJC’s formal salary scale.
Our mission is compelling, and our team members are passionate about their work, and so we recognize the need to provide generous benefits and encourage rest and a healthy work environment. For example, we provide:
- Generous paid time off every year, including 3 to 6 weeks of vacation, 12 days of health leave, 6 weeks parental leave, and 14 holidays (not including bonus holidays/rest days allocated as needed)
- 100% employer paid health, dental, and vision insurance, plus excellent family insurance with annual max of $2,400 premium contribution to LAJC-sponsored health plan
- 403(b) retirement plan with 4% employer contribution (no required match)
- Strong commitment to professional development
- Relocation package
Email a cover letter, a relevant writing sample, and resume to Nareen Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’re able, please submit your application as a single PDF titled “[date submitted in yyyy.mm.dd format][last name][first name][position sought].” Please include "POM – Training and Development” in the email subject.