Paralegal (Lasting Solutions Family Law Program)
Lasting Solutions Family Law Program
Paralegal Full-time Position
Legal Services of Eastern Missouri (Legal Services), a nonprofit law firm providing free, quality civil legal services, seeks a full-time Paralegal for its Lasting Solutions Family Law Program. Legal Services advances justice through legal representation, education, and supportive services. We partner with the community to improve lives, promote fairness, and create opportunities for those in need.
Lasting Solutions represents low-income individuals who are survivors of domestic and sexual violence in orders of protection, divorce, custody, and paternity. The Paralegal will support the work of these family law cases.
Lasting Solutions consists of an interdisciplinary team offering holistic advocacy, and is co-managed by an attorney and a social worker. The Paralegal will work in close collaboration with the attorneys, social workers, and other paralegals on Lasting Solutions to reduce domestic violence and sexual assault in our community.
- Drafting client correspondence, pleadings, and other documents.
- Providing litigation support e.g., filing court documents, completing discovery, preparing exhibits and trial materials, attending court proceedings.
- Monitoring cases and conducting fact investigation, document gathering and legal research.
- Serving as a source of client information, support, and advocacy.
- Communicating effectively with clients, attorneys, staff, and outside parties.
- Drafting counsel-and-advice letters for attorneys to provide to clients and those who cannot be given full representation.
- Entering and verifying data in case management system.
- Opening, maintaining, and closing client files.
- Assisting with administrative office tasks as needed.
Who we are: Legal Services of Eastern Missouri advances justice through legal representation, education, and supportive services. We partner with the community to improve lives, promote fairness and create opportunities for those in need. Since 1956, Legal Services of Eastern Missouri has provided high-quality civil legal assistance and equal access to justice for low-income people in 21 counties in Missouri.
Paralegal Salary and Benefits Information:
The salary range for this position is $39,500 - $59,200. Specific salary offered to a candidate will be based on their experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous time off policy, 403(b) and 401(a) retirement plans, paid parental leave, long-term disability and life insurance, employee assistance plan, flexible spending account, and paid continuing education.
Applications will be considered until the paralegal position is filled.
At Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, we value diversity, equity, inclusion, and mutual respect. We encourage people of color, women, LGBTQ+, people of all abilities, and those who have been historically disadvantaged to apply. Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that represents our community and to be an inclusive environment for all employees.
Equal access to Legal Services of Eastern Missouri’s office is available. Those applicants requiring accommodation to the interview/application process should contact Human Resources at the e-mail email@example.com. Legal Services of Eastern Missouri is an equal opportunity employer.
- High school education required; at least 2 years college education or paralegal certificate and some legal experience highly preferred
- Detail-oriented and able to effectively organize time and tasks
- Must take initiative, problem-solve, and have sound judgment
- Strong communication skills, work ethic, flexibility and teamwork
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and able to quickly learn new IT systems, including case management software
- Committed to Legal Services’ mission and sensitive to the needs of the low-income community it serves
How to Apply: Upload your resume and cover letter through our online application at https://jobapply.page.link/2ZEpQ. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.