Paralegal (Lasting Solutions Family Law Program)
Lasting Solutions Family Law Program
Legal Services of Eastern Missouri (Legal Services), a nonprofit law firm providing free, quality civil legal services, seeks a full-time Paralegal for its Lasting Solutions Family Law Program. Legal Services advances justice through legal representation, education, and supportive services. We partner with the community to improve lives, promote fairness, and create opportunities for those in need. Lasting Solutions represents low-income individuals who are survivors of domestic and sexual violence in orders of protection, divorce, custody, and paternity. The Paralegal will support the work of these family law cases. Lasting Solutions consists of an interdisciplinary team offering holistic advocacy, and is co-managed by an attorney and a social worker. The Paralegal will work in close collaboration with the attorneys, social workers, and other paralegals in Lasting Solutions to reduce domestic violence and sexual assault in our community. Responsibilities:
- Providing support in all aspects of family law litigation, including client communication, drafting pleadings, discovery, fact-gathering, and trial preparation
- Managing case files from opening to closing, for both clients and those who cannot be given full representation
- Working collaboratively with Lasting Solutions’ staff, other Legal Services programs, and community partners serving this population
Salary and Benefits Information: The salary range for this position is $36,250-$54,350. Specific salary offered to a candidate will be based on their experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, a generous time off policy, 403(b) and 401(a) retirement plans, long-term disability and life insurance, employee assistance plan, flexible spending account, and paid continuing education.
Submission Deadline: Applications will be considered until the position is filled. Equal access to Legal Services of Eastern Missouri’s office is available. Those applicants requiring accommodation to the interview/application process should contact Human Resources at the e-mail hr@ lsem.org. Legal Services of Eastern Missouri is an equal opportunity employer.
- High school education required; paralegal certificate or equivalent experience preferred
- Experiences working in family law and with survivors of domestic or sexual violence preferred, but not required
- Detail-oriented, organized, problem-solving and good communication skills
How to Apply:
Upload your resume and cover letter through our online application at: https://jobapply.page.link/L8A8b. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.