Position Announcement # 1902
Community Legal Aid is a private non-profit law firm which works to bridge the gap between poverty and justice for those in need. Legal Aid is the primary provider of free civil legal representation to low income and elderly residents of central northeast Ohio, concentrating its efforts on legal work that makes a difference in the lives of those it serves.
The Paralegal I will, under the supervision of the Managing Attorney, assist in the provision of comprehensive, high quality legal services to eligible clients in civil cases in accordance with organizational policies and the Ohio Rules of Professional Conduct. The Paralegal I will be called upon to provide support in a wide variety of civil cases. The Paralegal I will also perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrated interest in and sensitivity to the legal needs of the poor as well as motivation to improve the condition of the poor.
- Professional attitude, ability to relate to professionals, excellent interpersonal skills, dependability, and a high desire to contribute to an effective and collaborative work environment.
- Professional demeanor, ability to relate to people in crisis and to low income people, and desire to go the extra mile to ensure that our clients are well served.
- Independent worker with excellent analytical and organizational skills as well as the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written skills,
- Thorough working knowledge of all computer programs and office machines used by the firm and ability to learn new programs and machines as required.
- Ability to speak Spanish is highly desirable.
Location: Warren, OH
Reports to: Office Manager
Salary: $26,100 + Depending on Experience. Excellent working environment and benefit package.
Deadline: Open until filled.
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume and references to: email@example.com and indicate that you are applying for position #1902.
CLAS is an equal opportunity employer. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply.