Position: Full Time Paralegal – Domestic Violence Victim Assistance Project, Indianapolis
Organizational information: Indiana Legal Services, Inc. (ILS) is a statewide, not-for-profit organization that provides free legal services to eligible clients in civil cases through 8 branch offices. ILS is funded by the Legal Services Corporation, United Ways, Area Agencies on Aging, and approximately 20 other funding sources. This position is funded by a grant from the Victims of Crime Act.
Position Description: This position is a paralegal/legal support position for the Domestic Violence Victim Assistance Project (DVVAP) under the supervision of the Project’s staff attorneys. The Project provides survivors of domestic violence with advice and representation in family law cases. The DVVAP is located in the Indianapolis Regional Office and serves 17 counties in Central and Eastern Indiana.
The paralegal will serve as a point of contact for clients, coordinate the caseloads of the DVVAP’s two attorneys, draft correspondence and pleadings, complete clerical legal tasks, assist in the preparation of quarterly reports for the project, and develop relationships with community partners.
- Interest in advancing the mission of Indiana Legal Services.
- Commitment to serving low-income individuals and providing compassionate, informed assistance to survivors of domestic violence.
- Written and oral communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and ability to quickly learn new software.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience serving survivors of domestic violence (strongly preferred).
- Spanish proficiency or fluency (strongly preferred).
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience. ILS offers an excellent fringe benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental, vision, Rx), disability insurance, life insurance, a 401k plan, a flex benefit plan, and generous vacation and sick leave.
To Apply: Please send a resume and a list of 3 references with email addresses and telephone numbers to Jay Chaudhary, Managing Attorney, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities, women, persons with disabilities, and persons with Spanish-speaking ability are urged to apply.