Outreach and Intake Coordinator
Children’s Legal Alliance, Legal Advocacy for Adults with Mental Illness, Youth and Family Advocacy Programs
In person/remote hybrid work option available during 2022
Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, Inc. (LSEM), a nonprofit law firm providing free, quality civil legal services, seeks a full-time Outreach and Intake Coordinator for its Children’s Legal Alliance, Legal Advocacy for Adults with Mental Illness, and Youth and Family Advocacy programs. These programs assist youth and families in St. Louis City with a variety of civil legal needs.
- Coordinating outreach efforts with new and existing community partners.
- Performing client intakes, as needed.
- Opening, maintaining, and closing client files, including in our electronic case management system.
- Serving as a source of client information, support, and advocacy.
- Performing word processing, including client correspondence, pleadings, and other documents.
- Monitoring cases and document gathering.
- Providing clients with community resource referrals as needed.
- Entering and verifying data in case management system.
- Assisting with grant tracking and reporting.
- Participating in community outreach and events and creating outreach materials.
- Providing litigation support e.g., court filings, preparing exhibits and trial materials.
- Assisting interns and externs when needed.
- Maintaining office manuals, equipment, records, files, and databases.
- Communicating effectively with clients, attorneys, staff, and outside parties.
The salary range for this position is $36,000-54,384. Specific salary offered to a candidate will be based on their experience. Excellent benefits including a generous time off policy, 403(b) and 401(a) retirement plans, employee assistance plan, flexible spending account, medical, dental and vision insurance.
Submission Deadline: Applications will be considered until position is filled.
Equal access to LSEM’s office is available. Those applicants requiring accommodation to the interview/application process should contact Human Resources at the e-mail email@example.com. LSEM is an equal opportunity employer.
- High school education required
- At least 2 years college education and some paralegal experience highly preferred
- Must be energetic, committed to Legal Services of Eastern Missouri’s mission, and sensitive to the needs of the low-income, low-opportunity community
- Able to take initiative, have sound judgment, and effectively organize time and tasks
- Strong communication skills, work ethic, flexibility, and ability to work as a team member
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and able to quickly learn new IT systems, including case management software
Upload your resume and cover letter through our online application at https://jobapply.page.link/uEsuh . Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.