Three Rivers Legal Services has an opening for a Managing Attorney in its Lake City Office. The Managing Attorney is a member of the TRLS management team and reports to the Executive Director.
- Oversee the administration of the Lake City Office and handles office emergencies.
- Supervises the casework of staff attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants, and other clerical staff.
- Conducts regular case reviews to ensure compliance with grant requirements and restrictions.
- Works with the Director of Intake and the Director of Litigation to identify cases that should be passed through to the office for extended services.
- Maintains a small caseload.
- Oversees the administration of the office petty cash account, the purchasing of office supplies, etc.
- Coordinates activities and interaction with local bar associations.
- Coordinates office outreach activities.
- Represents TRLS at meetings and external functions.
- Maintains and promotes relationships with clients, advocates, and community partners.
- Attends TRLS Board of Directors meetings.
- Performs such other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Team Leadership and Management:
- Works with the Deputy Director and other managers to strengthen supervision skills and to ensure opportunities for professional development for all office staff.
- Directly supervises staff, including hiring, mentoring, completing performance evaluations, and supporting supervisees' substantive work.
- Works collaboratively with office staff and Director of Litigation to jointly develop, implement, and supervise litigation and/or advocacy strategies to address systemic legal problems.
Salary and Benefits: Salary DOE. Full benefits package including health insurance, FSA, generous paid leave, short term disability, life insurance, a 5% employer contribution to a 403(b) retirement plan after 2 years of service, continuing legal education, and paid membership in the Florida Bar and local bar association.
- Attorney in good standing with the Florida Bar.
- Five or more years experience in legal services or related experience.
- Demonstrated interest in public interest law and a commitment to justice for low income persons and underserved communities.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to travel to rural communities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G-Suite.
Apply at https://www.trls.org/jobs. All applications must include a cover letter, resume, and three professional references. EOE and ADA compliant. Applications will be accepted through June 23, 2023, unless position is filled.
TRLS invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how their unique background and/or experience might contribute to our staff's diversity, cultural vitality, perspective, and practice.
Three Rivers Legal Services, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or veteran status.