Long-Term Care Ombudsman Case Manager
Are you an experienced, motivated and assertive individual with Case Management experience, ready to make a difference and advocate for the rights of people living in long term care facilities throughout Kern County?
GBLA is currently accepting applications for an experienced Case Manager, to work in our Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program. The Case Manager will be responsible for advocating for the highest possible quality of care and quality of life for residents of long-term care facilities.
Specific duties include identifying, investigating and resolving complaints made by or on behalf of residents of skilled nursing, assisted living and board and care facilities for seniors and disabled adults.
- Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related human services plus 2 years’ experience in providing for or delivering client services to elderly persons through advocacy and/or casework. Experience providing social case work services focused on aged or incapacitated adults in a public, private or non-profit agency.
A degree may be waived if verified employment for Three (3) years’ of pertinent experience
- Respond appropriately and in a timely manner to deadlines, and crisis or emergency situations.
- Reliable transportation, valid current driver’s license, and proof of insurance.
- Excellent written, communication, and computer literacy skills (Windows, Word, and Excel, Outlook)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide continuing community presence through visits to assigned long-term care facilities within Kern County.
- Identify, receive, investigate and seek resolution to complaints made by or on behalf of long-term care residents.
- Receive and conduct investigations of reports of alleged elder abuse in long-term care facilities where the Ombudsman Program has jurisdiction.
- Attend Resident and Family council meeting and Citation Review Conferences, as required.
- Compile and report statistical data in conformance with established policies and procedures.
- Report significant trends and cases to Director of Long-Term Care Services on a regular basis.
- Successful completion of the State Ombudsman Certification training and Live Scan fingerprinting.
Email a cover letter detailing your interest in the position, current resume, writing sample and 3 professional reference to email@example.com
Submitted applications are reviewed upon receipt and qualified applicants will be invited to an interview.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled