New Mexico Legal Aid seeks a Legal Secretary for our Las Cruces office. New Mexico Legal Aid (NMLA) provides civil legal services to low income New Mexicans for a variety of legal issues including domestic violence/family law, consumer protection, housing, and benefits. NMLA has locations throughout the state.
For this position, the Legal Secretary would be responsible for:
- Serving as receptionist for phone and in-person contacts with office.
- Assisting with drafting, editing and managing correspondence, case documents and administrative documents.
- Assisting with scheduling and calendar management for staff.
- Assisting staff with organizing and maintaining administrative resources and client files.
- General filing and clerical support.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
This position is housed in the Las Cruces Office. The office recognizes the importance of COVID safety measures.
NMLA employees enjoy:
- Being unionized
- A great work environment
- Great benefits including generous leave
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Telework option may be available
Applicants will be subject to a background check. Please do not let this deter you from applying. NMLA is committed to a strong workforce and will review records individually to determine whether a particular record will disqualify.
The position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement. Pay is determined by years of experience and is set by a union scale; click here to view the salary scale. NMLA provides a comprehensive benefits, holiday and leave packages. For information about NMLA's generous benefits and what it is like to work at NMLA click here
Qualifications include: three (3) or more years of legal secretary experience, creative self-starter; the ability to manage multiple tasks and build collaborative relationships within the staff, demonstrated ability in computer systems (Word, client databases, etc.), ability to channel and maintain the workload of a law firm, excellent organizational and written communication skills, maintenance of office files and records, abilities include calendaring. Must be capable of being bonded. Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
Provide a current resume, three references, and a letter of interest explaining what you would like to accomplish if you are selected for this position by clicking here to apply.
Salary: DOE, NMLA is an EEO Employer. Application Deadline: 9/1/2022 or until filled. Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis.