The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY (LASROC) is seeking a full-time Legal Assistant to work with attorneys in the Family Law Unit to provide quality legal services to our clients, many of whom are victims of domestic violence. The Legal Assistant will have the opportunity to be part of a team of professionals who have dedicated themselves to the mission of LASROC; the provision of high quality civil legal services to low and moderate income litigants.
LASROC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Associates degree in Paralegal Studies or High School Diploma with equivalent experience.
- Notary Public License (If not currently licensed, must be able to pass the notary exam).
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player and have a positive and cooperative work attitude.
Please send the following information to be considered:
- Cover Letter
- Professional References
Send the following information to:
Human Resources, The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY, 1 West Main Street, Suite 800 Rochester, NY 14614,