IT Operations Specialist
Ohio State Legal Services Association (OSLSA) is a three-part legal aid program headquartered in Columbus. OSLSA’s mission is to provide civil legal aid and advocacy to combat unfairness and injustice and to help people rise out of poverty.
OSLSA is actively seeking a professional, reliable, and dedicated IT Operations Specialist to join our team. Initially, this position will assist in developing and maintaining the Program’s technical systems, including computers, networks, other digital devices, and phone systems, among others.
In this multifaceted role, you will serve as the first point of contact for staff members to research and attempt to resolve technical problems or requests on first contact, respond to phone calls, face to face, email and trouble ticket requests for technical support, monitor incidents or requests to ensure a timely resolution, and utilize knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures of IT operational support.
Are You Someone Who:
- Has a willingness to engage on any technology request, gather relevant factors to facilitate a meaningful outcome and engage with team members for input, direction and strategy?
- Has a go-getter mindset and aptitude to learn new things?
- Is motivated, professional and customer service focused?
- Enjoys translating complex technical issues for non-technical audiences?
- Works well within in a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment?
- Can communicate verbally and in writing with a wide range of people?
- Is agile and able to respond effectively to the changing needs of a growing organization?
- Creates processes to increase work efficiencies and systems to work smarter not harder?
- Engages in continuous learning to evolve personal technology skillset in order to enhance the user experience?
- Works well within a collaborative, team-driven, and goal-based environment?
- Provide direct technical support across the organization, develop and maintain all technical systems and equipment, and anticipate equipment, software or other global needs
- Assist in network design and implementation
- Provide support for a variety of operating systems including Windows 10, Windows Server 2008-2019, VMWare, and Linux among others
- Install and configure computers and networking equipment, maintain network connectivity of all computer workstations and monitor network to ensure optimal performance
- Provide network, desktop, and application support to users
- Maintain servers and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings
- Develop and monitor policies for the use of network resources
- Implement and manage disaster recovery and back-up
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades
- Create and maintain network user permissions
- Research and refer to computer hardware and/or software documentation to assist in hardware or software installation, development or problem solving
- Test release of products to minimize user impact and ensure compatibility
- Create technical support documentation for systems and applications
- Create user accounts in Windows Active Directory and Office 365 and provide end user support for Office 365 applications and the case management system among others
- Act as a liaison to vendors and landlords for building related issues
- Support all physical office locations remotely and on-site as needed
- Assist and train users in using networked and stand-alone software and hardware (e.g., networked printers, USB devices, tablets, etc.)
- Document and communicate problem resolutions with other staff
- It is the policy of OSLSA not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, age, ancestry, and military status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- This full-time position is based in Columbus, Ohio and reports to the IT Director. Some travel to other office locations and offsite locations may be required at times.
- Salary range of $39,000 to $60,000 annually DOE. OSLSA offers an excellent comprehensive benefits package, paid time off, and ongoing training and development opportunities.
- A positive attitude, go-getter mindset and drive to do things well
- Ability to anticipate needs and navigate problems with a creative, practical approach toward reaching successful resolution
- Ability to prioritize workload to manage time, tasks and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Demonstrated fundamental knowledge of networking concepts. Computing infrastructures and server management and monitoring tools
- Hands-on technical troubleshooting experience
- Ability to increase efficiencies in individual work and team processes
- Strong work ethic with an eye for detail
- High ability to exercise sound judgement and discretion
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, effectively with diverse audiences
- English language proficiency is essential and Spanish/English bilingual skills are a plus. Additional languages – even better
- Minimum of six months’ training or two years’ experience in monitoring and maintaining local and/or wide area network hardware, software, and operating systems and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. A+, Network+ or similar certifications preferred
- Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Servers, Linux, and VMWare preferred
- Previous experience with switches and routers helpful
Submit resume, references and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with IT Operations Specialist in the subject line.
In your cover letter, please address the following in order for your application to be considered: OSLSA’s clientele is diverse, and all of our clients are low income. To ensure that our agency is best serving our communities, OSLSA strives to promote an evolving set of behaviors and attitudes amongst our staff, as well as policies that enable us to work effectively in all cross-cultural situations, with clients, with our coworkers, and with the community. We see this as a commitment to enhance the provision of our services to all clients; to raise the level of positive client outcomes; and to create an inclusive and respectful workplace in which differences are acknowledged and valued.
How do you think your personal background or experiences, professional or otherwise, have prepared you to contribute to our commitment to cultural humility and diversity amongst our staff? Feel free to think broadly about your response to this question, applying various aspects of your life and personal experiences.
To promote social justice and best serve our clients, OSLSA is committed to maintaining a diverse staff and providing culturally competent services. We strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities and historically oppressed groups including Black, Indigenous, People of Color and LGBTQ individuals to apply. Bilingual/bicultural candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.