The IT Manager is responsible for managing the information technology resources and websites for Texas Legal Services Center (TLSC). This position oversees the technology development and utilization plans and is involved in furthering the organization’s strategic direction, development and future growth in the technology arena, including oversight of website functionality, maintenance, and performance.
The IT Manager is expected to maintain a high level of professional standards and ethics while maintaining a positive approach to day-to-day work activities. This position embraces and supports TLSC’s overall mission while complying with all regulations, best practice standards, policies and confidentiality requirements.
- Analyze IT infrastructure, systems, and website performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics in order to recommend needed infrastructure improvements to meet current and future organizational needs, maintaining knowledge of new technology, trends, and best practices, and how they might assist TLSC in carrying out its mission.
- Develop, implement and oversee risk mitigation strategies, security of systems, networks, and enterprise information while ensuring compliance with data security and privacy requirements including conducting periodic audits and due diligence checks of security protocols and systems evaluations for vulnerabilities.
- Ensure website quality and efficiency by conducting regular tests; maintain back-ups, updates, and firewalls; identify and respond to all website issues, including website security breaches, and work with contracted vendors when necessary.
- Establish, implement and ensure compliance of technology standards and processes.
- Create timeline to maintain, service, and replace IT equipment; and to evaluate IT services and venders, and update contracts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external IT vendors and service providers.
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture.
- Provide technical support, troubleshooting, and guidance to staff.
Manage the procurement of hardware and software and maintain effective equipment inventory, to ensure that the organization has high quality, efficient systems.
- Develop and implement business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Supervise, coach and develop staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer information systems or related field.
- Minimum of five years experience in information technology management.
- Comprehensive understanding and current knowledge of:
Microsoft Windows platforms
Basic Office 365 / G Suite administration
Workstation hardware, software and printer troubleshooting
Knowledge of basic website maintenance
- General knowledge of web systems architecture design and development.
- Familiarity with Twilio, SMS and MMS services.
- Strong understanding of IT security protocols and risk mitigations strategies, hardware and software procurement, and inventory management of IT equipment.
- Excellent analytical skills and critical thinking skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize work.
- Strong vendor management skills.
- Experience with leading and mentoring staff.
- Ability to explain technical problems and offer solutions to those without technological training.
- Sedentary work that involves sitting most of the time.
- Occasional bending, squatting and kneeling.
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and a negligible amount of force is needed at times to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.