Intake Coordinator / Legal Assistant
Provide legal support to The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY Immigration Law Unit & Education Law Unit especially in intake matters. Intake requires staff to receive, screen and triage initial intake calls, provide conflict checks, financial eligibility assessment and prepare the application for attorney review. Position may also include assisting with substantive legal work and document preparation as assigned. Bi-lingual applicants required for this position.
LASROC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Associates degree in Paralegal Studies or High School Diploma with equivalent experience
- Notary Public License preferred; if not currently licensed, the selected candidate must be able to sit for and pass the notary exam within the first six months of employment.
- Respectful and empathetic consideration for clients
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and community partners
- Fluent (speaking and writing) in Spanish and English
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to travel throughout Western New York
Please send the following information to be considered:
- Cover Letter
- Professional References
Send the following information to:
Human Resources, The Legal Aid Society of Rochester, NY, 1 West Main Street, Suite 800 Rochester, NY 14614,