Information Technology Team Lead
This position will be officially designated, post hire, as either a Director or Manager, depending on experience.
The ideal candidate should have proven leadership and management skills, including experience in creating and implementing IT policies and systems that will meet organization objectives. The goal is to ensure IT systems and people are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time, and specifications of CCLS.
Under the supervision of the Director of Administration, the Information Technology (IT) Team Leader will oversee all of the organization’s support services in collaboration with Senior Management. This will include supervision of all technology and facilities management staff, as assigned, as well as a responsibility to provide direction for the CCLS’s information and telecommunication technology; for planning, designing, developing and maintaining the information infrastructure and telecommunication systems of the agency.
Experience: Minimum 5+ Years’ Experience
Location: Fresno Office
Term of Employment: Regular, Full Time
Other: FLSA Exempt, Non-Union Position
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled; Applications should be received by July 16 2021 to be considered for the first round of interviews beginning the week of July 26, 2021.
- Responsible for strengthening the organizational structure and effectiveness of CCLS’s information technology operations;
- Responsible for modernizing CCLS’s information and telecommunication technology to advance services to managers, staff and clients;
- Works closely with CCLS management staff to ensure the successful development and delivery of technology solutions;
- Plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and controls the activities of the Information Technology Team as well as interviews, supervises, and evaluates assigned staff.
- Manages CCLS’s network infrastructure;
- Manages CCLS’s telecommunications systems;
- Establishes Information Technology policies, procedures and controls;
See full announcement for more complete list of duties
- For Director consideration a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the information technology field, including 5 years as a manager or higher, and 2 years with direct supervision experience;
- For Manager consideration a minimum of 5 years’ progressively responsible experience managing IT projects in the information technology field, including 2 years with direct supervision experience;
- Bachelor of Science Degree in computer science, business administration, nonprofit management, project management, or similar/comparable education required. Master’s Degree, preferred;
- The ability to lead, manage, and influence others in a positive and persuasive fashion;
- A strategic thinker and planner who is highly organized and can simultaneously manage multiple priorities;
- The proven ability to develop and implement creative solutions to highly complex organizational issues;
- A strong team orientation with the ability to lead and manage change in the work environment;
- Strong budgeting, project management, and administrative skills;
- Expertise in and technical knowledge of information systems, business applications, and client/server environments;
- Knowledge of, and experience in, building systems and operations;
- An exceptional service orientation to programs, management, and the general public;
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in the needs and legal rights of low-income people and elderly or disabled persons;
- Ability to understand, follow, implement, and suggest improvement on CCLS policies
Please visit https://www.centralcallegal.org/careers/ to submit an online application and join our CCLS family in an effort to Advance Justice & Empower People.
Cover Letter addressing the following questions:
- Please tell us about your experience and, if possible, what advocacy work you’ve been involved with that focuses on low-income communities. What skills and qualities did you bring that were important to the effort? What did you learn?
- Please describe your leadership experience.
- Tell us about your connection to the Central Valley: How well do you know it? Do you have ties here? What draws you here?
- Do you have particular interest in working at a Legal Aid office? If so, please tell us about that.
- Three Professional References (to be contacted
- Please submit a sample of a Policies and Procedures Manual (or section) that you’ve written, or a Technology Plan (or section) they you’ve authored and/or oversaw the development.