Human Resources Manager
The Community Legal Aid SoCal (CLSoCAL) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that was founded in 1958 for the purpose of providing civil legal services to low income individuals and seniors. CLSOCAL has a staff of 100 employees and two offices in Orange County and two offices in Southeast Los Angeles County. CLSoCAL seeks an experienced, knowledgeable, and compassionate Human Resources Manager who thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced public interest law firm. CLSoCAL strongly prefers that the applicant have experience working with non-profits and/or law firms. The HR manager reports to the Executive Director and will work in conjunction with the Director of Finance and Operations.The HR manager is responsible for overall management and direction of the organization’s human resource programs and policies including employee recruitment, development, recognition, compensation, benefits, training and safety.
The HR manager is responsible for overall management and direction of the organization’s human resource programs and policies including employee recruitment, development, recognition, compensation, benefits, training and safety.
- Conduct wholesale assessment of the organizations human resource policies and recommend changes as appropriate;
- Primary resource for LASOC’s HR needs, including research, drafting & implementing internal policies, practices, and procedures;
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of state and federal labor laws and ensure compliance;
- Develop staff recognition practices with a focus on maintaining a positive and productive working environment;
- Develop procedures and guide the process for onboarding and offboarding staff to ensure an effective transition of responsibilities;
- Support employee relations with timely responses and resolution of human resource questions and issues;
- Manage employee performance evaluation process, including overseeing the development, drafting and distribution of evaluation forms and ensure adherence to timelines;
- Maintain and update employee handbook, safety manuals, and other staff documents;
- Oversee and participate in hiring process including creating and posting job announcements and overseeing employee recruitment;
- Monitor and respond to disability, unemployment and other EDD requests;
- Evaluate, develop and maintain comprehensive HR system including implementing an HRIS application;
- Review and administer compensation and benefits;
- Collaborate with pro bono efforts and tracking of volunteers;
- Develop and implement volunteer engagement;
- Coordinate staff-wide meetings, trainings and safety demonstrations and celebrations; and,
- Undertake special projects, research, and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum six years as a human resources generalist or equivalent in a professional office;
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, social science or related field;
- Experience working for Non-Profits and/or legal organizations;
- PHR/SPHER certification, or similar preferred;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional communication, and outstanding written and oral communications;
- Detail oriented and highly organized with ability to manage several projects at once;
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks and willingness to handle all levels of administration;
- Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively;
- Strong facilitation skills, with non-profit/public sector preferred;
- Experience with employment law, workers compensation, benefit and payroll taxes;
- Dedication to fostering a supportive and productive office culture committed to assisting underserved communities; and,
- Culturally competent, with demonstrated leadership skills.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental, 401k with employer contribution, life insurance and long-term disability. Paid holidays | vacation | sick leave
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Position is open until filled.