Human Resources Generalist II
The Human Resources Generalist works under the direct supervision of the Director of Human Resources. The primary responsibilities are:
- Maintains a deadlines calendar, including grievance and disciplinary responses, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) absences, responses to unemployment claims, workers compensation claims and related absences, and any other deadlines;
- Responsible for filing of documents related to grievances and discipline, FMLA, workers compensation, and unemployment claims;
- Assists in TRLA compliance with provisions and regulations under ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, OSHA, Workers' Compensation, FMLA, ADA, Pensions, 401(k)/403(b), 125 plan and other related policies;
- Conducts post-employment employee reference checks with previous employers;
- Responsible for the set-up of the initial new hire personnel file and the maintenance of all personnel files, ensuring that required documentation is filed and updated;
- Responsible for timely responses of employer verifications.
- Ensures HR materials located on the TRLA Wiki are up to date.
- Responsible for the record retention process for terminated personnel files;
- Assist with the reporting and documentation of probationary employee evaluations and required annual staff evaluations;
- Assist with documentation of all non-TRLA loan repayment requirements and opportunities;
- Assists in the compilation of statistical data reports as required by funding sources;
- Responsible for the oversight of TRLA in-house volunteer program, including maintaining records and preparing required reports;
- Assist with the coordination of new employee orientation regarding TRLA policies and reporting and documentation of policy and procedure changes;
- Assists with the administration and compliance of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA);
- Assists with the day-to-day employee changes regarding Medical, Dental, Vision or Life due to a qualifying events;
- Assists with the planning and coordination of the welfare plans’ annual open enrollment;
- Acts as liaison between the employee and our Benefits Agent of Record and/or representative regarding voluntary products;
- Assists with the administration of the pension plan (TRLA retirement plan);
- Monitors COBRA payments to ensure timeliness for medical and/or dental insurance. If not timely, takes appropriate action as directed by the Director of Human Resources;
- Any other related duties required by the Director of Human Resources.
- College degree required
- Minimum of 3 year experience in human resources
- Proficient with PC computing, Microsoft office applications and internet search
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Well-organized, ability to multi-task
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to travel to office locations
- Knowledge of state/federal labor law preferred
To apply, email a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.